2000 grand cherokee pass side door lock - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2000 grand cherokee pass side door lock

Road Race Motorsports Fuel Calibrator for the 2007-2011 JKIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-27-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
jzcop

2000 grand cherokee pass side door lock

looking for the cheapest place to buy oem door lock actuator pass side front 2000 jeep grand cherokee.

jzcop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2007, 09:31 PM   #2
indept
2000 WJ 

jzcop,
Did you ever find the door lock motor? My passenger lock is making noise, I'm sure it's a matter of time before it dies. Anyone else have any info. There wasn't much when I searched for WJs from what I saw.
Unread 12-12-2007, 09:33 PM   #3
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

Look for a part out, I think there are a few WJs in that section now. You could also probably find the part on eBay. I tend to get new parts from RockAuto.com because the dealer wants ridiculous amounts of money.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2007, 09:37 PM   #4
indept
2000 WJ 

Thaks for the quick reply. I haven't checked the dealer yet, I just know they're going to be expensive. I'll probably avoid used because I'm just asking for someone elses problem with a motor. I'd rather go new but want to try to avoid being ripped by the dealer.
Unread 12-12-2007, 09:42 PM   #5
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indept
Thaks for the quick reply. I haven't checked the dealer yet, I just know they're going to be expensive. I'll probably avoid used because I'm just asking for someone elses problem with a motor. I'd rather go new but want to try to avoid being ripped by the dealer.
The way I figured, I could buy 4-5 used ones before I exceeded the cost of the dealer and I highly doubt i'd go through more than maybe another for the life of the vehicle as the original in my ZJ lasted 11 years.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
Unread 12-13-2007, 09:26 PM   #6
indept
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTorak
Look for a part out, I think there are a few WJs in that section now. You could also probably find the part on eBay. I tend to get new parts from RockAuto.com because the dealer wants ridiculous amounts of money.
I checked Rockauto.com, they don't even list the lock motor, Oh well
Unread 12-13-2007, 11:02 PM   #7
WiLieR
1999 WJ 

$100 at my local dealer for the pass front door lock on our 99 WJ. I would have shopped around but it "honked" one last time and then gave fits trying to open the door from the inside and outside. So I had to have the part right then, so the WJ got parked and I took my dakota to the dealer. Oddly enough they had one in stock and actually had all four doors and the rear hatch lock in stock as well.

The FSM says you have to remove the window glass track. I skipped that step and had no problems swapping out the lock units. I also think the "honking" is contagious as the rear hatch is now honking as well.
Unread 12-14-2007, 08:02 AM   #8
Double E
2000 Laredo V8

2000 WJ 

Great thread!

That's what happened to mine.... it honked for awhile, wife said make it stop because it annoyed her.

I got the FSM, found the power connection to it, snipped the wire & it was quiet. Unfortunately, the mechanical part that locks & unlocks the door is also dead now, so the door is permanently locked. I clipped the wrong wire!

Oh well.... I'll figure out how to fix it later.

So $100 from the dealer for the part...

What is the part that actually breaks? Got pics?

Is that part completely shot or could it be "field repaired" with some average skills?
Changes & fixes: Rear Addco sway bar & greasble bushings, upgraded headlights, upgraded tail lights, new hood struts (replaced 2X), new rear hatchglass struts, new radiator (replaced 3X), new oil pressure sending unit (replaced 4X), 2 new speed sensors, 2 new door lock actuators, new ignition key cylinder, chrome front tow hooks, Mobil 1 Synthetic 5/30, Purolator Pure One oil filter, EBC slotted & dimpled rotors, EBC Greenstuff pads, new front shocks (replaced 3X), new rear shocks (replaced 2X), new IRO steering stabilizer, new timing chain cover, new water pump, thermostat, new thermostat housing, new high pressure power steering hose, Michelin-X radials, new sunroof assembly, new single-piece lug nuts, new exhaust manifold studs & gasket on driver's side, new Durango alternator. Jeepforum.com sticker, Visit cobaltboatsforum.com when you can!
Double E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2007, 01:21 PM   #9
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

From what was said, I am lead to believe that it is the actuator that goes bad, there is no 'motor' per say. The actuator pushes/pulls a stiff wire to lock/unlock the door.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
Unread 12-14-2007, 04:40 PM   #10
indept
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTorak
From what was said, I am lead to believe that it is the actuator that goes bad, there is no 'motor' per say. The actuator pushes/pulls a stiff wire to lock/unlock the door.
We'll see. I just ordered one from Kolak so when I fix the door I'm going to dissect the old one and see what makes it hum
Unread 12-14-2007, 08:51 PM   #11
Cebby
2000 WJ 

I found those online for $68. (eBay) Here's a writeup.
2000 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 Taupe Frost - Clayton LA Front/Rear | IRO 3" Springs + 3/4" KOR | Bilstein Shocks | JKS Discos/Trackbar/Draglink & Tierod | Dual KOR Stabs | Spidertrax Spacers | 265/70R17 Duratrac's on JK 17's | Black Magic Brakes w/Centric Rotors | Akebono Calipers | Griffin Rad | K&N Drop in | Magnaflow Cat & Muffler shorty setup | Diehard Platinum (Odyssey) | RB1-NAV-Sirius-Chg-iPod | OEM Tow Hooks F/R
Cebby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2007, 09:08 AM   #12
indept
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
I found those online for $68. (eBay) Here's a writeup.
Great writeup
Was the one you found new or used? Was the $68 total or was shipping more?
Unread 12-15-2007, 09:40 PM   #13
indept
2000 WJ 

I checked EBAY and they couldn't beat Kolaks price
Unread 12-17-2007, 08:40 PM   #14
Cebby
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indept
Great writeup
Was the one you found new or used? Was the $68 total or was shipping more?
It was $68 + shipping.

Looks like I need to call Kolak for my next one. Thanks!
2000 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 Taupe Frost - Clayton LA Front/Rear | IRO 3" Springs + 3/4" KOR | Bilstein Shocks | JKS Discos/Trackbar/Draglink & Tierod | Dual KOR Stabs | Spidertrax Spacers | 265/70R17 Duratrac's on JK 17's | Black Magic Brakes w/Centric Rotors | Akebono Calipers | Griffin Rad | K&N Drop in | Magnaflow Cat & Muffler shorty setup | Diehard Platinum (Odyssey) | RB1-NAV-Sirius-Chg-iPod | OEM Tow Hooks F/R
Cebby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.