2000 grand cherokee limited ac wont switch over - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2000 grand cherokee limited ac wont switch over

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*WJ Tube Doors Now Available!

Unread 07-31-2008, 05:49 PM   #1
shawna0888
2000 FSJ Cherokee 

2000 grand cherokee limited ac wont switch over

i have 2000 grand cherokee limited and am having issues with the ac. it has the dual ac(dont know if all come that way or not) well sometimes the ac wont blow out the top vents, it will either come on through the floor board or the the windshield defroster, and sometimes it will blow out hot air through the passanger side (floor board or top vents). i have looked all around the internet to try to find the issue and i cant find it. i think its just the console and switches that are messed up. because it was 100+ degrees outside and i was so irritated that the ac wouldnt work properly that i gave it an opened hand hit right on the console and it switched over and started working. anyone have this issue? i want to fix it/have it fixed! all help would be appreciated.

shawna0888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2008, 05:52 PM   #2
gatorayde
1999 WJ 

search, "blend doors"

To summarize it before you search though, the doors inside the air ducts that limit/allow flow of hot/cold air, have broken and are allowing hot/cold air through that shouldn't. It's not fun to fix, nor is it cheap so have fun
gatorayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2008, 07:34 PM   #3
shawna0888
2000 FSJ Cherokee 

I believe it is the dual climate control console piece itself, because the lights will be dim, so lets say. i put the temperature to low for the driver and the passenger...well when i turn on the ac the lights that say "LO" wont be lit up very bright, and it will blow hot air from the floorboard, so when i hit the screen that says "lo" it will then light up and start blowing cold air out of the vents. My question is where can i find the whole console piece, im not sure what it would be called.
shawna0888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
naotyl04
1999 WJ 

Hello Shawna0888, did you have the issue resolved? I am having the same issue and seeking for solution. thanks
naotyl04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.