2000 gc laredo trans. problems? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 2000 gc laredo trans. problems?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-23-2003, 10:54 AM   #1
mec01

2000 gc laredo trans. problems?

I recently purchased a 2000 gc laredo, 4.7 v8 with the quadra tracII. This is my first jeep, and I've noticed a couple of "quirks" with it that I'm not sure are normal.
First, when I am going about 70 mph (interstate driving) I am noticing a slight miss, approximately every 15 - 20 seconds. It's almost like a light "hiccup". It is not very noticeable unless you are paying attention and waiting for it.
Second, from time to time, I am getting a cyclical rumbling feel out of it when going between 60 -75 mph, at around 2800 - 3500 rpm (like when I'm going uphill on the interstate and have to give it more gas). It can be felt in the pedals and the steering wheel. However, it doesn't do it every time I am in that situation. The rumble only lasts about 1 second and repeats itself until the rpms go back down. Again, this is not real noticeable either, only if you are paying attention.
Are these normal jeep things? Do I have a problem, or have a future problem building? Could these two things be related? Any info. you all have would be really helpful.
By the way, this is my first visit to your site, as well as my first post. Thanks for making it so easy to get advice!!

mec01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2003, 02:28 PM   #2
petewright

The hiccup is symptomatic of a bad plug wire. Many vehicles of this age no longer have plug wires; I don't know about yours.
petewright is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.