Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2" budget boost on a budget

5K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  GraKee99 
#1 ·
I know this item has been talked to death, so I apologize if this sounds like a repeat.

Does this look like a good price, and good value for 2" boost?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-98-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-ZJ-2-Budget-Boost-Lift-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ33585QQihZ008QQitemZ180237126695QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

I need to buy new tires, so I thought this would be the opportunity to upgrade to 30's. Money's tight right now, so I cannot afford much.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Ron

See less See more
#5 ·
You might want to think about new shocks for the lift depending on the age and condition of your current shocks. You can use your stock shocks but they might give you a rough ride. If your on a budget try these shocks...http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1726

Not sure but you might need wheel spacers to fit 30" tires. Might be to wide and rub on the LCA. Not sure though.

#8 ·
#9 ·
Here's a great option that I'll be going with. Get just the spacers, then go to your local parts store and buy a set of Monroe's for the "Up Country suspension" which are 1.5-2 inch longer than stock (can't remember). The "Mono Max" shocks are about the cheapest mono tubes around (about +/-$52.99 anywhere you go). These things seem to go on sale locally pretty often, in fact I just missed a sale at Oriely's buy 3 get 1 free:brickwall. So if your shocks are ok when you do the lift, just wait for the sales to come back around and you'll save even more.

#10 ·
Taking this type of logic... I have another question. I have the complete Up Country suspension package. If I want to stick in a 2" BB, do I need to purchase a different shock or will the ones I am currently running be fine? I have access to a NIB 2" Daystar BB with Bumpstops for $50. The guy bought it and never installed it. I am getting ready to get the Heep aligned, so I figure now is the time...

#14 ·
The monroe shocks for upcountry are the same for the rear size wise. (13" compressed, 21.5" extended)

The monroe front upcountry shocks extend about .7" more..

I still think the best way to get shocks is to measure yourself and order what you need not what someone suggests.. all vehicles sit differently.. springs vary..

I just dont get the ordering shocks blindly that fit 0 - 3" lifts.. crazy...

#18 ·
I don't have anything bad to really say about the monroes. They are great shocks but I like the ride of the black diamonds better. I had the monroes on without a lift but never with my lift. If you like the monroes, then go with them. I was just trying to save the guy a few bucks since he was on a budget. Sorry if it seemed like I was bashing monroes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.