2.25" spacers - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 08-23-2011, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
mojop79
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: OKLAHOMA CITY
Posts: 579
2.25" spacers

Found a set of four poly spacers, one piece from 4wheelcustoms.com I'm interested in buying. anyone know of this company or their spacers?

mojop79 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 Old 08-23-2011, 11:30 PM
fisher1630
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 104
dont do it, I bought the set of 4 for my jeep a few months ago. Went to put it in last week, and they did not fit properly in the back. The spring just did not sit right on the spacer. They fit the fronts perfect though. I bought fat bobs spacers for the back and they fit like a glove.
fisher1630 is offline  
post #3 of 17 Old 08-24-2011, 06:24 AM
AlphaLorde
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Forest Lake
Posts: 719
I had no issues installing mine. The hole at the top of the rear spring is a hair smaller then the spacer.

When installing I just had to get the weight of the truck on it and the spacer slid right in. Been running em for over a year now.

To each their own...

1998 ZJ Laredo 5.2L 139k 231 w/SYE artec trussed 8.8 4.25"F/5"R lift
AlphaLorde is offline  
post #4 of 17 Old 08-24-2011, 07:17 AM
blackjack12982
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wichita
Posts: 1,923
The first time I installed my BB the rear didn't fit correctly either. I don't know what brand they were, they were used. But they're made of polyurethane, not freaking titanium. The rear spacer hole was a few mm's too small. 3 minutes with a knife and they fit perfectly.

A poly spacer is a poly spacer, they're all the same.
blackjack12982 is offline  
post #5 of 17 Old 08-24-2011, 07:40 AM
sabzz
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita
Posts: 1,436
Spend the extra money and get a RC or IRO 3.5 inch F>R kit. 400 for RC shipped to your door from jeep4x4center.com or around 500 shipped for IRO to your front door.

1998 ZJ 4.0 work in progress/DD
'97 ZJ 4.0|3.5 RC|31" -SOLD
sabzz is offline  
post #6 of 17 Old 08-24-2011, 07:40 AM
KillaJeep4569
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Down By Da Beacchh Mann!!
Posts: 1,025
Garage
These are what I used, and Poly Spacers are NOT poly spacers. They are not all the same, each has different hardners and such inside, to save money and make things cheaper. Take a look at these, and they stay a TRUE 2.25" and dont depleate or loose strength after time.

http://www.4wheelcustoms.com/Products.asp?Cat=1210
KillaJeep4569 is offline  
post #7 of 17 Old 08-24-2011, 07:43 AM
blackjack12982
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wichita
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaJeep4569 View Post
These are what I used, and Poly Spacers are NOT poly spacers. They are not all the same, each has different hardners and such inside, to save money and make things cheaper. Take a look at these, and they stay a TRUE 2.25" and dont depleate or loose strength after time.

http://www.4wheelcustoms.com/Products.asp?Cat=1210
Did you do testing on them to see the hardeners? Or did you just believe the website where it say "High quality"? I've seen at least 4 different sets of spacers, and short of the color were the same.
blackjack12982 is offline  
post #8 of 17 Old 08-24-2011, 07:45 AM
KillaJeep4569
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Down By Da Beacchh Mann!!
Posts: 1,025
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack12982 View Post
Did you do testing on them to see the hardeners? Or did you just believe the website where it say "High quality"? I've seen at least 4 different sets of spacers, and short of the color were the same.
Tested them out, with a Wieght at the Shop, If you need photos Ill post some of my truck.

They are not all the same, You can believe what you want or what you hear. I have tested and these are what I went with. You go with a 2" BB lift it will be 1.75 after install Gaurentee. These stayed 2.25" before and after install and still going 2.25 after months.
KillaJeep4569 is offline  
post #9 of 17 Old 08-24-2011, 07:48 AM
blackjack12982
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wichita
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaJeep4569 View Post
Tested them out, with a Wieght at the Shop, If you need photos Ill post some of my truck.

They are not all the same, You can believe what you want or what you hear. I have tested and these are what I went with. You go with a 2" BB lift it will be 1.75 after install Gaurentee. These stayed 2.25" before and after install and still going 2.25 after months.
I find it absolutely implausible that you tested every different set of spacers. Congratulations, your spacers for months stayed the same height, they all will. GTFO of here with your "guarantee".
blackjack12982 is offline  
post #10 of 17 Old 08-24-2011, 07:51 AM
KillaJeep4569
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Down By Da Beacchh Mann!!
Posts: 1,025
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack12982 View Post
I find it absolutely implausible that you tested every different set of spacers. Congratulations, your spacers for months stayed the same height, they all will. GTFO of here with your "guarantee".
I bought about 5 kits and tested them out, all I know I found these to be the best and stayed TRUE.
KillaJeep4569 is offline  
post #11 of 17 Old 08-24-2011, 07:52 AM
KillaJeep4569
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Down By Da Beacchh Mann!!
Posts: 1,025
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaJeep4569 View Post
I bought about 5 kits and tested them out, all I know I found these to be the best and stayed TRUE.
Also there is no need for you to Cuss me out, Not my fault you dont believe me. You can do what you want. I have and know the truth. Anyone else like the info you can PM me,

Internet Gangsters! Gotta love them!
KillaJeep4569 is offline  
post #12 of 17 Old 08-24-2011, 07:53 AM
blackjack12982
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wichita
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaJeep4569 View Post
Also there is no need for you to Cuss me out, Not my fault you dont believe me. You can do what you want. I have and know the truth. Anyone else like the info you can PM me,

Internet Gangsters! Gotta love them!
blackjack12982 is offline  
post #13 of 17 Old 08-24-2011, 08:27 AM
fisher1630
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 104
do a search on here, I am not the only one to complain about 4wheel customs 2.25" lift. Sure you can screw with the spacers and shave a little off here and custom fit it. My question is why, you can buy different spacers that are exact fits with no slop. To each his own.
fisher1630 is offline  
post #14 of 17 Old 08-24-2011, 09:21 AM
blackjack12982
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wichita
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher1630 View Post
do a search on here, I am not the only one to complain about 4wheel customs 2.25" lift. Sure you can screw with the spacers and shave a little off here and custom fit it. My question is why, you can buy different spacers that are exact fits with no slop. To each his own.
I'm not defending them, I have no horse in this race. I'm just saying that you went through alot of hassle buying them, returning them, and then buying another set, when the first set would've worked.

I can understand sending them back to make a point, but 4Wheel Customs isn't going to change their manufacturing processes just because they didn't fit on your ZJ.
blackjack12982 is offline  
post #15 of 17 Old 08-24-2011, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
mojop79
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: OKLAHOMA CITY
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaJeep4569
These are what I used, and Poly Spacers are NOT poly spacers. They are not all the same, each has different hardners and such inside, to save money and make things cheaper. Take a look at these, and they stay a TRUE 2.25" and dont depleate or loose strength after time.

http://www.4wheelcustoms.com/Products.asp?Cat=1210
That's the spacers I was referring to in my original post.
mojop79 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome