1998 ZJ ..Lift..? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1998 ZJ ..Lift..?

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #31
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Well...I'm planning on installing a 2" BB on my 95 Limited. Along with it i bought the following: RE twin tube shocks that fit the lift, new coil isolators, new MOOG front & rear sway-bar bushings, new MOOG front & rear track-bar bushings, all new STOCK lower control arms, all new STOCK upper control arms, also cut up some exhaust pipe to use as rear-post extensions. You don't really need it, but it was $7, two cuts, and a paint job. It's cheap and good safety in my eyes.

The reason I haven't put it in yet is because the cash flow has been low. Need money for alignment and anything else that could go wrong during installation.

As for tire size, I'm sticking with my gifted BFG Rugged Terrain 235/75/15 (I think this is 29"?). Stock limited rims will be plasti-dipped black when lift goes on.

Use of the Jeep: Daily Wisconsin city driver, hunting, and exploring logging roads or other trails around our cabin in Upper Michigan.

I bought my pucks and shocks from a fellow member, he never used them, just decided to go with a bigger lift and sold em off.

I agree with Polka on that the ride will suffer because of all the old bushings ect. so I figured since I'm taking all that stuff of to put in a puck and shock mind as well go ahead and replace em all. It's better than realizing you need to replace them a month later and have to do the whole process over again. I hope what ever you pick works best for your needs and brings you closer to your ZJ!

ZJNewbi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:08 AM   #32
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

RRO has sent wrong parts, crappy service, mid represented their parts for quality parts.

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 05:00 AM   #33
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJNewbi3 View Post
Well...I'm planning on installing a 2" BB on my 95 Limited. Along with it i bought the following: RE twin tube shocks that fit the lift, new coil isolators, new MOOG front & rear sway-bar bushings, new MOOG front & rear track-bar bushings, all new STOCK lower control arms, all new STOCK upper control arms, also cut up some exhaust pipe to use as rear-post extensions. You don't really need it, but it was $7, two cuts, and a paint job. It's cheap and good safety in my eyes.

The reason I haven't put it in yet is because the cash flow has been low. Need money for alignment and anything else that could go wrong during installation.

As for tire size, I'm sticking with my gifted BFG Rugged Terrain 235/75/15 (I think this is 29"?). Stock limited rims will be plasti-dipped black when lift goes on.

Use of the Jeep: Daily Wisconsin city driver, hunting, and exploring logging roads or other trails around our cabin in Upper Michigan.

I bought my pucks and shocks from a fellow member, he never used them, just decided to go with a bigger lift and sold em off.

I agree with Polka on that the ride will suffer because of all the old bushings ect. so I figured since I'm taking all that stuff of to put in a puck and shock mind as well go ahead and replace em all. It's better than realizing you need to replace them a month later and have to do the whole process over again. I hope what ever you pick works best for your needs and brings you closer to your ZJ!
235's will looks pretty small on that lift. Goodnews is you can fit 31's! Check out my build thread I have a 2.25"bb and 31's. Got my 31's for 90 a tire. If not go with 245's.
Unread 06-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #34
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post

235's will looks pretty small on that lift. Goodnews is you can fit 31's! Check out my build thread I have a 2.25"bb and 31's. Got my 31's for 90 a tire. If not go with 245's.
I checked online at they will still be at 29" with 245/75/15 I'd have to almost boost rim size to get it to go up. Don't get me wrong I'd love to get bigger tires+better rims but I'm a first year commuting college student. I have limited spending and a sucky job. The tires were a graduation gift. Brand new. I'm weary about buying used tires because I don't want to destroy my VC. The PO had all different tread depths on the Jeep when I got it. Looking at pictures the lift looks fine with my tires.
Unread 06-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #35
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i spent 90 per tire on 31's. 15x7 rims. Your stock rims are not to small by any means. Understand none of us know that they're brand new or a gift til you tell us. we just recommend what we know
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #36
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
i spent 90 per tire on 31's. 15x7 rims. Your stock rims are not to small by any means. Understand none of us know that they're brand new or a gift til you tell us. we just recommend what we know
I did say "gifted" and I didn't mean to come off as rude :/ sorry man!
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #37
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremzj View Post
why not? i have had nothing but good luck from them.
one of the few
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #38
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

You can listen to someone who has had a zj since 94 or do what you like. Your money will be wasted.

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #39
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

Wait till he finds out about stacking pucks

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.