JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/)
-   -   1998 TSi Limited ZJ (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/1998-tsi-limited-zj-1541060/)

Area11 06-25-2013 01:52 AM

Yeah so I've had this jeep for about a year and have only put like 10 miles on it. It is a 5.2L V8, It has 197k miles on it, I run it less than I should but it still runs strong when I do run it. I've killed a battery by letting it sit because I'm a lazy dog. I am going to get a new one with the warranty on Thursday. The reason it sits is that I don't have the money to register it. This is my first vehicle, bought it for $1000, put a new battery, tension pully, water pump, starter, front end bushings, and headlights. Still needs a steering pump, breaks, wipers, and there's a leak in the back and water keeps accumulating in the cargo area. I've removed all carpet from the entire jeep. Oh, I've also replaced the front driver side door because I screwed it up.

I've been looking for a job recently but nothing yet.

Has anyone else had the leak problem in the rear cargo area?

coralman 06-25-2013 05:21 AM

wearherstrips bad, cargo door snubbers worn allowing misalignment, trash accumalation in hinge area, latches worn, to name a few things to check.

MasterOne 06-25-2013 11:31 AM

I had this same problem with a ZJ I no longer own. I think it turned out to be the weather stripping. It would start raining in the cargo area after a wash. It was easily correctable without even having to buy new weather stripping.

Area11 06-25-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coralman (Post 15604148)
wearherstrips bad, cargo door snubbers worn allowing misalignment, trash accumalation in hinge area, latches worn, to name a few things to check.

I'm going to clean up the hinge area. It's been a while since I've cleaned that one place and I'm not sure on how much leaves and twigs may be up there.

EDIT: Cleaned the hinge area and there was a lot of leaves. I'm going to get new weather strip all around and new snubbers cause all of that is looking pretty bad. The latch is fine though.

Area11 06-26-2013 10:21 AM

Well I'm going job hunting tomorrow! My dad said he will put my jeep on the road(register, tag, insurance) as soon as I am hired somewhere. After that I will be doing all sorts of things to the jeep, mostly because they need to be done. I need breaks, alignment, weather strip all around, rear end bushings(if you have seen me post here before you may know that I already have done the front end), steering pump, lights all around (headlights already replaced), and I want to get wind guards all around on the windows to match the front passenger. I also need to do something about the headliner. I tore the fabric off cause it was all sagging. I'm thinking of getting it done in vinyl. I'm also going to get two bazookatube 10s,waterproof of course.

Area11 06-27-2013 03:03 PM

Got a new battery for the jeep for free with the warranty. Also got a bunch of job applications.

The time now is 11:36 PM.