1998 JGC Q's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1998 JGC Q's

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 10-12-2007, 08:19 AM   #1
bazdrum

1998 JGC Q's

Hi, I've been looking for a JGC for a while and I ran across one that came in on trade ( I work at a stealership ) It's a 1998 6 cylinder with 131k on the clock they will sell it to me for $2000. I took it home last night to check it out and it seems pretty solid. What kind of problems should I be looking for with this year / model? I noticed the driver side windows don't work but that shouldn't be to hard, or is it? The tranny seemed to almost slip a little when it was cold but then didn't do it after. I added some tranny fluid and it only did it for a slip second in the morning then it was fine. Does that sound like a tranny problem or just something that can be cured with a tranny service?

What maintenance should I do when I buy it ( plugs/wires, fluids, brakes)? From what I hear the straight 6 is a great engine, how many miles can I expect from it provided it has been properly maintained for the last 130k miles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks
Ryan

bazdrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2007, 11:35 AM   #2
bazdrum

Bump...

Had service do a safetly check on it.. So far the only issues found were 1. Driver side windows do not work. 2. Leaking oil either from valve cover or rear main seal. 3. Looks like tranny fluid is leaking by the transfer case seal. 4. Need new rotors and rear brakes. Other than that seems pretty solid. Any ideas on what kind of prices I'm looking at. I am not having our service do the work cause dealerships charge an arm and a leg for labor and such..

Thanks
Ryan
bazdrum is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.