1998 Grand Cherokee Laredo v6 - NO HEAT - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1998 Grand Cherokee Laredo v6 - NO HEAT

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
golfcaddie99
2008 KK Liberty 

1998 Grand Cherokee Laredo v6 - NO HEAT

Anybody with this model performed the heater treater fix? If so, how hard was it to perform?

And how did you get to motor and blend doors to put repair in?

Thanks in advance.

Golfcaddie99

golfcaddie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
waarp8nt
1995 ZJ 

V6?

The do you have ATC (automatic temp control)?
waarp8nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 02:40 PM   #3
trail-rated
2001 WJ 

First off, you have an I6 and NOT a V6. Your problem is probably a clogged heater core.

What temp does the engine run? Any leaks? What is the coolant level (check both the radiator and overflow)?

Mechanical fan upgrade
trail-rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

whoah, yeah the v6 totally threw me off, I was like, huh? i6 man, i6

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
golfcaddie99
2008 KK Liberty 

Sorry about the error

yes I6 and no I don't have auto temp control.

Have had certified tech flush system 4 times now, replace hoses and thermostat - yet doesn't fix the heat issue. Blower is fine and system Just wondering if the actual issue is the heater core or whether or not this is the blend door issue reported on other forum posts (hence the reference for heatertreater.net).

If only option is to replace heater core, I'll junk this pos. Given me nothing but trouble for 10 years. Transmission, engine, brakes - you name it.

That's why I'm looking for cheapest way to resolve.

Thanks
Unread 04-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #6
golfcaddie99
2008 KK Liberty 

problem resolved

Turned out to be the water pump. Had the pump replaced and coolant system flushed. All worked out well.
Unread 01-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #7
2tall2slow
1998 XJ Cherokee 

frigid cold and no heat, help!

I too have been experiencing no heat. Inline 6, 98 Laredo. I am not mechanically inclined, however I choose to do my own labor so I can learn and save. anyway, blowers work good. checked heater hoses and they are both hot so thermostat must be working good. rod that connects to heater switch is connected.. So am I looking at the heater core next? I would like to think its clogged and can easily be fixed. I need to know stp by step how to flush the heater core, that is before I am told to pull the whole thing out and examine the 2 doors on it/ or replace the thing. Family man, got kids. tommorrows low is 6degrees. Please help!
2tall2slow is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.