1998 Grand Cherokee Ladedo - Educate me - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1998 Grand Cherokee Ladedo - Educate me

Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
Pint

1998 Grand Cherokee Ladedo - Educate me

I'm going to inherit 98 Grand Cherokee Laredo in about a month. My mom is retiring and doesn't want a car anymore. She is giving it to my soon to be 16 year old son. I will be driving it for 4 months until he turns 16 and getting any "kinks" worked out. I'm new to the Jeep world, so I have a lot to learn! I've been a Landcruiser guy for years, so this is all new. I'm excited to learn! The truck has 130K and the 6 cylinder engine. Totally stock for now. No idea what tranny or transfer case, etc yet. It runs well and has been well maintained. I can do most basic maintenance, fluids, brakes, etc. Are there any major issues I need to look for? Any little things that drive people crazy? It will have just had a tune-up, fresh shocks and new battery when I get it. It will need tires, so I'm going to probably put some BFG AT/KO's on. They do well on and off road and will get my son to the mountains to snowboard with his buddies in the snow! Longer term I'd like to do a mild lift, maybe a front bumper with some lights, decent stereo, etc. Nothing major. This will be "my" vehicle to learn about this Jeep thing! If all goes well, I may have to buy one and build it for the longer range overland expedition stuff I like to do.

Pint is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.