1998 Grand Cherokee Ladedo - Educate me - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1998 Grand Cherokee Ladedo - Educate me

Thursday Savings BlastIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.com

Unread 09-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
Pint

1998 Grand Cherokee Ladedo - Educate me

I'm going to inherit 98 Grand Cherokee Laredo in about a month. My mom is retiring and doesn't want a car anymore. She is giving it to my soon to be 16 year old son. I will be driving it for 4 months until he turns 16 and getting any "kinks" worked out. I'm new to the Jeep world, so I have a lot to learn! I've been a Landcruiser guy for years, so this is all new. I'm excited to learn! The truck has 130K and the 6 cylinder engine. Totally stock for now. No idea what tranny or transfer case, etc yet. It runs well and has been well maintained. I can do most basic maintenance, fluids, brakes, etc. Are there any major issues I need to look for? Any little things that drive people crazy? It will have just had a tune-up, fresh shocks and new battery when I get it. It will need tires, so I'm going to probably put some BFG AT/KO's on. They do well on and off road and will get my son to the mountains to snowboard with his buddies in the snow! Longer term I'd like to do a mild lift, maybe a front bumper with some lights, decent stereo, etc. Nothing major. This will be "my" vehicle to learn about this Jeep thing! If all goes well, I may have to buy one and build it for the longer range overland expedition stuff I like to do.

Pint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.