1998 Fuse 7 issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1998 Fuse 7 issue

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
skippertech
1998 FSJ Cherokee 

1998 Fuse 7 issue

Hey guys, I have a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. THe battery was draining everytime the jeep sat and we think it is fuse 7 on the board underneath the passenger side. Obivously besides pulling the fuse what do I do to fix it.

I also have another thread about..

http://imgur.com/g4iH7LV It is a Jeep Grand Cherokee 1998 Limited Silver.. Just in case the model matters.. I am assuming it does not though. Any help that can be given would be lifesaving!

skippertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
skippertech
1998 FSJ Cherokee 

heres a pic if wanted: http://imgur.com/g4iH7LV
Unread 09-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
skippertech
1998 FSJ Cherokee 

Nevermind. We just jumped it and took it for a drive. We got back and shut it off. Not even a minute later we tried to turn it on again... Would not start. Is this an alternator issue? Perhaps is the battery not charging? I do not understand what would cause it to drain tho. what should I do?
Unread 09-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Do you have an alarm system? I think there is sometimes an issue with alarm systems and battery drain. (search for parasitic drain)

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.