1998 5.9L ZJ Bi-Xenon HID Projector Retrofit Conversion (Photos & Videos) - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1998 5.9L ZJ Bi-Xenon HID Projector Retrofit Conversion (Photos & Videos)

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #136
PAFirefighter11
Quadratec Live Chat Rep

1998 ZJ 

That is an interesting options. I'm good friends with some guys at TRS. Debating going to their newest version of the MH1. We shall see!

-The statements in this message do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Quadratec, Inc.

-98 ZJ Limited 5.9L - 4.5" lift, 32" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Tomken rocker guards, D44 rear, 3.73's, LSD, 4xDoctor D30 guard, custom projector HID headlights, custom intake, LED lightbar, underdrive pulley, trans vent tube - Wheeler/Bad Weather Rig
-98 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS7 - 5.7L LS1, 6 speed, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster cat back, Pioneer system - Summer Cruiser
-01 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS6 - Toy
-03 VW Golf TDI (Diesel) - Commuter
-Former Jeeps: XJ, YJ, XJ, YJ, TJ, ZJ, ZJ
-Rick Rotondo Photography - Nikon D2x, lots of glass, lighting, tri & monopods, and other gear
-FDNY 9/11/01 - All gave some. Some gave all.
PAFirefighter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2014, 11:08 AM   #137
Hawkeye01

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAFirefighter11 View Post
Okay, so I ended up doing a headlight retrofit project on my '98 5.9L ZJ, just like with my past Jeeps. I ordered a Stage III Morimoto MH1 Projector conversion kit from The Retrofit Source. 4300K in color since I like factory white light and the highest lumens as well. All photos are with my POS cell phone, so I apologize for the lacking quality.

At lunch yesterday:

I'm slightly pissed as I got some melted glue from the lens/housing on the chrome portion of the housing. But, whatever, this is my beater anyway so I'm not too concerned:

After 4 hours of work today I am finally finished. I JB welded the spring clips higher as recommended:

Also somewhat hard to see here but the wires for the solenoid were easily visible. With the need/want to finish this project TODAY, I decided to take extreme measures lol... tinfoil wrapped around the wires so it blends a bit nicer:

Final product while the RTV was drying:

Ran the wiring harness, got the ballasts hooked up:

And here they are installed:

I'll grab some DSLR shots later, as well as output and cutoff shots. I'm incredibly happy with this setup and want to thank The Retrofit Source and specifically Nate for sending me the parts

Which shroud did you pick for your set up?
Thanks in advance.
Unread 03-23-2014, 06:10 PM   #138
anthonys

Nice lookin low beams, Whats the cost of the projector housings?Im not fond of the exposed wire like that. Is there anyway to do it better?

its a tickit forsure without projectors
anthonys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2014, 06:50 AM   #139
PAFirefighter11
Quadratec Live Chat Rep

1998 ZJ 

The shrouds I used on my 2nd set were too large and had to be cut down. This would cover (completely) the exposed wire:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.UzVvoV6M60E

I didn't want to do additional cutting/trimming of the shroud on this last set. Due to that I purchased the smaller Gattling Gun shroud:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.UzVvbl6M60E

The projectors I purchased are the Morimoto MH1's. You can purchase individually here:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.UzVv7V6M60E

Or in a kit here:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.UzVwEF6M60E
-The statements in this message do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Quadratec, Inc.

-98 ZJ Limited 5.9L - 4.5" lift, 32" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Tomken rocker guards, D44 rear, 3.73's, LSD, 4xDoctor D30 guard, custom projector HID headlights, custom intake, LED lightbar, underdrive pulley, trans vent tube - Wheeler/Bad Weather Rig
-98 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS7 - 5.7L LS1, 6 speed, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster cat back, Pioneer system - Summer Cruiser
-Rick Rotondo Photography - Nikon D2x, lots of glass, lighting, tri & monopods, and other gear
Unread 03-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #140
Hawkeye01

1997 ZJ 

Thanks for getting back to me. Looks like I have a new project ahead of me. BTW, nice job on the ones you have.
Unread 03-28-2014, 11:27 AM   #141
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

You should assemble these for the people who can't put them together themselves because they are too lazy but have money.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2014, 10:41 AM   #142
PAFirefighter11
Quadratec Live Chat Rep

1998 ZJ 

No problem, thanks!

If I had some more free time I definitely would! With a signed waiver being required of course since I'm not a company

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.