1997 zj a/c help!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1997 zj a/c help!!!!

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
m615dan
1997 ZJ 

1997 zj a/c help!!!!

I need help with my Jeep A/C. I have a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4. My a/c keeps draining into the back seat of my car. The water is green, I am thinking maybe from algae in the line. I know there is a whole procedure on what to do, so I bought the plug and followed the steps. I drilled the hole and with 150lbs compressed air for like 5 min and it still did not fix anything. Next day, water everywhere again. What do you guys think? Do you think there is something wrong internally or maybe it's just a really bad clog I should keep working at. Other than that nothing is wrong with the car and everything works fine and I am not losing any fluids anywhere (so idk why the water is green). Any suggestions?

Last edited by m615dan; 06-24-2011 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: shortened explaination of problem
m615dan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

Are you sure it's not coolant leaking from the heater core? The back seat?
ZeeJay1997 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
m615dan
1997 ZJ 

I don't know how it would end up in the backseat of my jeep though. And it only does so when the a/c is on. I know the a/c drain tends to get clogged and the water leaks into the back seat right where I have the green fluid now. Sometimes it's green and sometimes it's clear water. It just makes no sense at all.
Unread 06-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #4
TallyZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by m615dan View Post
I don't know how it would end up in the backseat of my jeep though. And it only does so when the a/c is on. I know the a/c drain tends to get clogged and the water leaks into the back seat right where I have the green fluid now. Sometimes it's green and sometimes it's clear water. It just makes no sense at all.
There is an air duct that routes cold or hot air from the HVAC system to the rear floor board compartment. It runs down the passenger side of the center console and exits just under the rear corner of the front seats. If the HVAC system is full of drain water or coolant from a heater core leak, then it will fill this duct and dump into the back floor board.
TallyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
m615dan
1997 ZJ 

okay. That really sucks for me if I have a coolant leak. Anyway, any ideas on clearing this blockage that is causing it to leak inside the car? I have already drilled a hole and shot it with 150lb compressed air and I guess it's still clogged.
Unread 06-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #6
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f5/ac-d...pet-fix-24246/

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
a/c , clog , drain , drain tube , jeep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.