1997 limited 5.2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1997 limited 5.2

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 11-13-2003, 04:26 PM   #1
awm002

1997 limited 5.2

I am looking at a 1997 limited 4x4 with a 318. It has 112,000 miles on it. It is very clean and seems to have been well maintained. The body and interior are in great shape. The seller is asking $7900. Do you guys think this is a fair price? Also are there any specific problems I should look for?

awm002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2003, 09:21 PM   #2
RockPaws

Nice price, If it was well maintained and backed up with a log or receipts for maintenance completed. I would still do a pre-purchase inspection, your favorite Tech should be able to do this for you. While they are doing the outside, you can go thru the interior. Check every switch and operate everything. Make notes.

I sold my 97' JGC a few months back in perfect condition, with all maintenance logs from day one, and a new upgraded transmission, for 12K.
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]01' Jeep TJ (Jeep #5)
3.5 RE Custom SuperFlex, Raingler, Kilby, Currie, Banks, Borla, American Racing, Custom mods, Always more in the works.
[URL=http://www.redrock4x4.com][COLOR=Blue]www.redrock4x4.com Rocks![/COLOR][/URL]
[URL=www.needhim.org/][COLOR=Blue]Need Him?[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT]
RockPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2003, 05:12 PM   #3
jpkomm

I've had a few problems on my 97 GC Limited 5.2L w/ 83,700 miles. It is still a great vehicle though. Be sure you have the mechanic check the front CV axles. I had to replace those recently. I also had to replace the oil sending unit, but that wasn't too expensive. There were two recalls on my vehicle. One was easy to find off of Chrysler's website (Shifter safety issue) and the other was rather obscure. Chrysler Campaign #755. Here is a link for it. It saved me a LOT of money though. So, be sure to check on that one. My fuel gauge wouldn't always register correctly and they fixed it for free.

One last thing, I don't know if my ZJ was just a special circumstance, but I had rust buildup under the paint under the door seal where the step is on the passenger side. You may want to check all this stuff out. Just want to make sure you are happy with your GC. Despite the things that have happened to mine, I still think it is a great vehicle.

Edit: I bought this with 73,900k miles on it for $8500. Just though I should mention this. Vehicle "seemed" in good condition when I bought it and drove well. Just some things you can't predict I guess. I do recommend having a Jeep-smart mechanic look at it though.

Last edited by jpkomm; 11-15-2003 at 05:15 PM..
jpkomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2003, 02:46 PM   #4
madmanfrommars

You might be able to get away with going a little lower, like perhapes 7000 - 7500

[URL=http://staff.filesnetwork.com/madman/CIMG1846.JPG]Illuminating the Night[/URL]

As far as I know, I'm the only person to own a flame red liberty with the light bar, and until someone disproves that to me, I'm going to enjoy it.
madmanfrommars is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.