Can anyone shed any light on the problem we are having with our 1996 Grand Cherokee Jeep (4.0 Petrol - Limited).
After a rainy weekend an error message appeared on the dashboard saying check gages and noticed alternator charge was 0. Following day the Jeep wouldn't start.
I had the battery checked out and found we needed a new one, which we subsequently did. However, we now have the problem that when the ignition is turned off and the key removed, the dashboard display is still illuminated and the internal heater / cooler fan is still running.
There does appear to be a clicking noise coming from one of the relays. Whether this is anything to do with the problem, we don't know?
Can anyone shed any light on the problem before having to take her to a dealer.
We currently have to disconnect the battery when she's not being used to stop the battery being drained but once connected back up she starts fine.