1996 Grand Cherkokee remote programming - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1996 Grand Cherkokee remote programming

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 05-31-2003, 05:41 PM   #1
jrenegade13

1996 Grand Cherkokee remote programming

Can anyone tell me how to program the remote to a 96 Grand Cherokee?

jrenegade13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2003, 11:56 PM   #2
f14x4

remote for alarm or garage door?
Unread 06-01-2003, 12:01 AM   #3
imnotu

try this

(1) Open the driverís door and leave it open during the programming process.
(2) Move the mechanical door lock lever on the driverís door to the LOCK position.
(3) Insert the ignition key and turn it to the RUN position. (Do not start the vehicle.)
(4) After turning the ignition key to the Run position aim the transmitter at the receiver and press the LOCK (right)button for 5 seconds. Once the receiver accepts the programming the door will unlock.
(5) If additional transmitters are to be used on the vehicle each must be programmed during the programming sequence. (Up to4 transmitters can be programmed to a vehicle) To program additional transmitters: Return the mechanical door lock lever on the driverís door to the LOCK position and aim the next transmitter at the receiver and
press the LOCK (right) button for 5 seconds. Again when the receiver accepts the programming the door will unlock.
Repeat step 5 until all transmitters have been programmed.
(6) When all transmitters have been programmed to the receiver, the ignition must be turned off and back on within 20 seconds after programming the last transmitter. When this is done, only the transmitters that were programmed to the vehicle during this procedure will operate the locks.

i can not take all the credit if this worked, i found this post when i looked for some infor on factory alarms a few days ago and Neil posted this here

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...threadid=10143

hope it helps
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][URL=Http://zbt.case.edu/myjeep.jpg][COLOR=White][B]White 1995 ZJ[/B][/COLOR][/URL] I6 w/ Selec-Trac, Plush Leather Seats (powered in front), JVC MP3 deck [B](STOLEN)[/B], [URL="http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8HSG1sJ380J/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?I=113KDCX889"]New Kenwood KDC-X889 Deck[/URL] (Insurance messed up and gave me this instead), [url=http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nZpmrQWOhBc/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=130TSA1680&search=Pioneer+TSA1680R]Pioneer TS-A1680R Speakers[/url], Remote Start, Optima Red Top, 180 Thermostat, Kolak Performance 2.5" exhaust components: (Car Sound high flow converter, Magnaflow large case muffler, mandrel bent tailpipe), 16x8 Rubicon Rims with 245/70 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo Tires, Rancho SS, Mopar Skids all around, Tow hooks front and back, Bilstein Heavy Duty Shocks and Clear Corners. [B]149/B], and still going stro... OK My transfer case can a small leak... damnit!.

[URL=https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=imnotu001@hotmail.com&item_name=Donations%20for%20a%20Poor%20Kid]Donations are Appreciated[/URL]
[/FONT]
imnotu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2003, 01:33 AM   #4
jrenegade13

I have tried that, but that did not work for me. Those are the instructions on how to program a 98, not a 96. Thanks anyway.
jrenegade13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.