1995 ZJ engine wiring harness - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 01-14-2017, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
papitt
1995 ZJ 

Garage
1995 ZJ engine wiring harness

... I've looked on E-Bay found none & then I've googled motor & engine wiring harness . for 5.2 & for 1995.
... All I can get to come up has been later model 4.0L harness.
Rat have got onto my 95 XJ 5.2 V8 CHEWED on it. I'd like to see the cost for a replacement. After I get a new harness I'll most likely just cut the connectors I need & replace them onto my harness.
.. Or I'll ask can you buy the replacement pigtails for the injectors. I'm sure I can buy the AC PLUG.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-15-2017, 03:45 AM
coralman
USER OF PARTS CATALOGS

1998 ZJ 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Wiri...BYNH6c&vxp=mtr

Assuming a 95 has the same Siemens injector as a later model these should work, I'm not sure.

A less expensive option would be these.

http://www.wellsve.com/parts/index.p...54&PART_NO=414

http://www.wellsve.com/parts/index.p...28&PART_NO=715

The first wells link has one with a release, the second without a release.

Info on projects and repairs categorized by system

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by HighLonesome
lol...if life is as a simple as a 5.9 making you happy, I'd say go ahead and buy it on impulse. ZJs are the way of Zen. Wax on, wax off
post #3 of 13 Old 01-15-2017, 04:41 PM
SAR-Swimmer
1997 ZJ 

Lots of engine harnesses for 95 GC on car-part.com, go there, type in your location, and it will spit-out used parts near you.

post #4 of 13 Old 01-15-2017, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
papitt
1995 ZJ 

Garage
ok thanks That what I'm looking for I believe..
post #5 of 13 Old 01-16-2017, 11:30 AM
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Dam rats, rodents and even some birds!

Probably 8-10 years ago I had a Carolina Wren make a dried moss nest on my intake right next to the header. Didn't know it and was driving down the road when the nest caught fire! My 96 cylinders were missing with smoke bellowing out from under the hood. Luckily when I pulled over and popped the hood the fire was out but it fried half my fuel injector harness.

I was going to just solder on new injector connectors but the dealer said that wouldn't work since it would change the wiring resistance. More power to them if my insurance wanted to pay for installing a whole new injector harness for $1,200 which they did with no deductible.

Personally I think the dealer was full of bull! Moral of the story is if you install just the injector connectors I'd solder them on, rather than using pinch wire splice connectors, and don't see how this could change the wire resistance. Even better if you find a whole new/used harness and good luck.

96 4.0 ZJ Laredo, 2004 4.7L WJ Limited, 96 4.0 XJ (son's)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

&
post #6 of 13 Old 01-16-2017, 01:15 PM
coralman
USER OF PARTS CATALOGS

1998 ZJ 

The amount is tiny Uni if done properly. I would feel safe just using crimps if of the mopar variety. I was looking at my injector wiring when I had the engine out, and the runs protected by the plastics chase had pretty much fused the insulation together from heat and age, which is what I expect pappit will find. Wouid be a good slack time project to duplicate a harness, but the key word is slack.

lol...if life is as a simple as a 5.9 making you happy, I'd say go ahead and buy it on impulse. ZJs are the way of Zen. Wax on, wax off
post #7 of 13 Old 01-16-2017, 01:44 PM
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniblurb View Post
the dealer said that wouldn't work since it would change the wiring resistance.

Personally I think the dealer was full of bull!
That's an accurate deduction... definitely.

post #8 of 13 Old 01-16-2017, 02:15 PM
zjosh93
1993 ZJ 

Agree with above that the "change the injector resistance" line was ten pounds of crap in a five pound sack. Copper wire is on the order of 0.004 ohms per foot, the injectors are around 12 ohms. You can add a lot of wire before you'd have an issue. Assuming your wire splices are good that is. I'm working on a Megasquirt setup for my turbo car and injector wiring resistance isn't a concern.

RockAuto carries pigtails for just about everything on the engine harness.

I do have a spare 4.0 harness in my garage though so I can keep using factory connectors. Just unpin the broken stock one and snap pins into junkyard socket.
post #9 of 13 Old 01-17-2017, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
papitt
1995 ZJ 

Garage
OK I stopped by NAPA & GOT 1 INJECTOR PIG TAIL . I pushed it onto my injector & it locked into place . Then I cut off the old connector . THE OLD ONE HAD A gREEN WIRE & a Gray wire . The NAPA one had 2 Black wire does it matter which wire are soldiered together. I'm thinking it doesn't matter . I was figuring on making them the same length.
post #10 of 13 Old 01-17-2017, 06:54 AM
coralman
USER OF PARTS CATALOGS

1998 ZJ 

It shouldn't I would think. But if you wanted to match them you can look for the curved side of the connector
that goes against the injector. Match the curved side for curved side and hook up the wires accordingly.

post #11 of 13 Old 01-17-2017, 07:15 AM
zjosh93
1993 ZJ 

The only thing in the injector is a simple coil. There are no diodes or other circuitry so polarity doesn't really matter. Bosch injectors (at least some) have one pin marked with a "+" sign. Net lore has it that they did it just to cut down on the number of support calls asking about polarity.
post #12 of 13 Old 01-17-2017, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
papitt
1995 ZJ 

Garage
Yes Corl I found that curve & that's how I'm planing to do mine . It rained & was cold in Texas today . & I was feeling about 1/2 sick . So I'll get on it in a day or 2.
... Thanks guys.
... Also I'll though in here are the 6cyl harness pigtails the same as the V8's.
I just remembered that I change 3 4.0 a couple of years ago . & Seems like I had some left over harness.
post #13 of 13 Old 01-18-2017, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
papitt
1995 ZJ 

Garage
So I got a mechanic buddy to come by this evening & soldier on my pig tail... he soldier every day & I do 5 times a year. So after hearing all the stories I said to self. Let a pro do it. So it cranks & ran fine when done.
.. I'll move onto the next step of getting it on the road.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.