1995 I6 Belt diagram without a/c - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1995 I6 Belt diagram without a/c

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 11-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
-Joe-
1995 ZJ 

1995 I6 Belt diagram without a/c

Ok I know its been asked before but does anyone have the belt routing diagram for an I6 without AC?

The 95 FSM only shows it routed with AC. But it shows both ways for the V8. Go figure..

I can buy a belt at Autozone without a/c but unsure of the routing.

Long story short, horrible squealing.. Thought it was the water pump but after removing everything I am fairly sure its the AC compressor. Already replaced the water pump while I had everything out. But dont have the money to replace the compressor right now, so bypassing it with a shorter belt will get it back up and running.

'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6 4.0L
242TC - Extreme Engineering 2" Front Lift/1.75" Rear Lift - ES9000 Shocks + JKS BPEs
Moog Cargo Control Springs
Magnaflow Converter - Dynomax Muffler
235/75/15 AT Uniroyal Liberator Tires
-Joe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
bboylobo
2007 JK Wrangler 

bboylobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
murphydajeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboylobo View Post
Lookin at that I cant help but to raise an eyebrow, looks like things in that diagram arent in the right place. I took my Ac out of the loop on my ZJ though as well because of a screaming compressor, The idea depicted above is pretty much the same though, wrap it like you normally would but when it comes time to where you would wrap up around the ac compressor just skip it and go to the would-be next pully in the chain
murphydajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
bboylobo
2007 JK Wrangler 

sorry i think i screwed up and print screened the diagram for a V8 :/ appolgeeze
Unread 11-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
bboylobo
2007 JK Wrangler 

here is one of for the I6. i cant find one without the AC :/ hope this helps some
Unread 11-19-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
murphydajeep
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboylobo View Post

here is one of for the I6. i cant find one without the AC :/ hope this helps some
Just come up around the alt pull like you would and then under the idler pulley to the right of it, if the pulleys got grooves you wrap over, if the pulley is smooth you wrap under with the back of the belt making contact to the pull
murphydajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 03:24 PM   #7
-Joe-
1995 ZJ 

Yeah those first two are for the V8.

Last one looks right. Just wanted to make sure of the routing.

Thanks.

'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6 4.0L
242TC - Extreme Engineering 2" Front Lift/1.75" Rear Lift - ES9000 Shocks + JKS BPEs
Moog Cargo Control Springs
Magnaflow Converter - Dynomax Muffler
235/75/15 AT Uniroyal Liberator Tires
-Joe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #8
jgear03
1995 ZJ 

AC bypass belt

I realize this is an old post but the correct belt to bypass you ac pump is a 710K6 or a Dayco 5060710 did it myself and it works great.
jgear03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #9
ZJHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfieZJ View Post
Wow , this was a pain to get into format to download it , lol
Sorry to bring up an older thread. Does anyone have a length or a non jeep part number for the belt with no ac. I have searched with no luck.
ZJHunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.