1995 Grand Cherokee V8 Project - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1995 Grand Cherokee V8 Project

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGOffset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 08-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #76
ELMCZJ95

Quote:
Originally Posted by a20ftsloth View Post
On October 27th, 2012 I came across a lady in Monument Colorado who was willing to sell her 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Her asking price was $3,400 and in comparison to all of the other Jeeps for sale seemed like a decent price, so I had to check it out. After an hour or so of test driving and evaluating the problems I was able to convince her to go down on the price to $2,400 which fell nicely into my budget. The Jeep came with 166,000 miles and all of its maintenance records, and as we all know that was a big plus! All of the records only help me believe that its going to be lasting for a very long time. Here is a picture of it in the condition that I bought it in.

Looks pretty good, right? Minus the snow and my parents 2005 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited behind it... Now of course there are cosmetics that are wrong, such as the bent antennae, "some" fading paint, minor scratches, a missing fuse panel, and missing visor clips, but all of that can be easily be compensated for. Also, the front drive shaft was disconnected. She told me that the previous owners took it off to save gas (which at the time seemed to make sense to me) but now that I've put it back on I know the underlying condition; I unintentionally inherited the dreaded Viscous Coupling problems associated with the 249 transfer case!

She didn't even have the decency to include the original bolts... oh well! It probably does some good to have new bolts for an old driveshaft anyway! After hours of waxing and washing in my front yard and straightening the antennae I finally cleaned it up good enough to want to show it off! What better place to display it? On top of Mount Baldy overlooking Colorado Springs of course. Here she is! And with a new windshield!!

She gave me new tires too! Off road i was able to max out the suspension and may I say I am extremely proud of the stock suspension. Several times it nearly tipped but it went through everything that all of the Wranglers around me were pushing through!

Tomorrow I plan on going to the salvage yard and plan on grabbing some things to replace the VC till I have enough money to buy a new one. (I have a guy working there who says they have one in working condition) I also want to pick up some of the smaller thing to manage my interior. Tell me what you think!
Where is this spot at????!

Unread 08-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #77
a20ftsloth
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMCZJ95 View Post
Where is this spot at????!
It's up at mount baldy in Colorado Springs
a20ftsloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #78
ELMCZJ95

Quote:
Originally Posted by a20ftsloth View Post
It's up at mount baldy in Colorado Springs
I am so going. How are the trails? My friend has a stock Land Cruiser.
Unread 08-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #79
a20ftsloth
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMCZJ95 View Post
I am so going. How are the trails? My friend has a stock Land Cruiser.
Yeah it's a fun little trail! It's kinda meant for stock vehicles but it really is fun to mess around on. It's kind of on and off, the more you drive and the more you find if you know what I mean.
a20ftsloth is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.