1995 Grand Cherokee - Missfire problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1995 Grand Cherokee - Missfire problem

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 08-02-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
Orvisjeep
1995 ZJ 

1995 Grand Cherokee - Missfire problem

First off i want to say i have searched and searched the forums and cannot find a answer.

So i have a 1995 grand cherokee that has a major missfire issue. I just bought it with a new motor installed. 5.2L V8. The motor was installed 3 weeks ago, and ran fine at first. It has developed a missfire issue that i cannot figure out.

Things i have done are:

Ignition timing
new plugs
new wires
new ignition coil
new cap
new rotor
reset computer

Nothing has worked, and I am completly out of ideas. Does anyone have any more places to check?

Thanks.

Orvisjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2011, 12:55 AM   #2
JS97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Possibly some junk got loose in the fuel lines and is restricting the injectors? Is the miss a steady miss or random? Run some injector cleaner. (?)
JS97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2011, 01:10 AM   #3
Orvisjeep
1995 ZJ 

It is steady at 1500rpm, and shakes the whole jeep at 2000rpms. Below and above those it runs fine.
Orvisjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 05:23 AM   #4
Muaymendez
1993 ZJ 

IM havng the same issue did you figure this out yet. This weekend will be tune up weekend, Caps rotor, pcm and IAC cleaning but I would hate to burn that cash and it nt solve the problem. And not to mentrion . I HATE DEAD END threads.
Muaymendez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
Snowfan2
1998 ZJ 

Be sure your plug wires are run correctly. There is a TSB regarding routing.

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1998/18-48-98/18-48-98-v8.htm
Snowfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 02:05 AM   #6
Muaymendez
1993 ZJ 

Just wanted to close this thread and let readers know my plugs and cap n rotor were toast. TB also needed a good cleaning.Everything good now
Muaymendez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #7
bobinAZ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfan2 View Post
Be sure your plug wires are run correctly. There is a TSB regarding routing.

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1998/18-48-98/18-48-98-v8.htm
hate to revive an old thread but, I was looking everywhere for that info.. the search function really does work!!! thanks
bobinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.