When I turn the key over, the dash lights light up but the starter does not crank the engine. Nothing. Interior lights, radio, locks all work.
Here are the things I tried:
1. Locked and unlocked using the key in all 3 doors.
2. Tried to start it in neutral.
3. Tried starting it while putting pressure on the transmission lever while it was in Park.
4. Disconnected the battery cables and cleaned the connectors and the battery posts. When I did this and tried to start it, the lights flashed like they should due to the immobilizer. Used the key in the tailgate and successfully turned off the immobilizer.
5. Removed and ohmed out the ignition switch.
So it sounds like it is down to the NSS or the starter solenoid.
I looked into the NSS and when I search at Advanced Auto Parts for a replacement, I get a small unit that has 3 terminals and looks more like a plug that what I see here, http://www.bc4x4.com/tech/2010/jeep-...ty-switch-nss/
Here is what I found at Advanced, http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...+safety+switch
I have not tried to connect a wire from the battery directly to the start solenoid to see it it turns over, but I believe it will as my daughter had been driving on and off all day.