1994 ZJ ECU Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1994 ZJ ECU Help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
mholmes7979
1994 ZJ 

1994 ZJ ECU Help

First I have done everything on the "Dirty Dozen" suggestions forum including changing the three capacitors on the ECU. I have a Grand Cherokee Laredo, 2wd, 4.0L which has had the following replaced. O2, IAC, TPS, MAP sensor. All electoral connections inspected & cleaned. Temp gauge & oil pressure sending unit replaced as well although I don't think they have anything to do with the sudden bucking, and stalling problem.

I did notice if you play with the gas pedal when it tries to stall that it will keep running and not stall. This led me to look a little harder at the TPS (remember it is new). In my poorly written after market manual it has you unplug the TPS and check to see if there is 5v on the two outside connections (ignition must be in the on position). I have 7.3v ? That seemed a we bit high and after turning the ignition switch off I still have 3.2v? Again looking at my poorly written manual I see 12v goes to the ECU and 5v goes to one of the connections on the TPS connector.

Has anyone seen this before? Is this a bad ECU?

mholmes7979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
znm1994
1996 ZJ 

could be ecu. i had this issue with my 96. went through and changed everything from fuel filter map iac tps coil plugs wires cap and rotor and still acting up... the next day i went and got a PCM(ECU) whatever you want to call it, from my local junk yard. $30 and shes been running great for the last two months.
znm1994 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.