1994 ZJ 5.2EGR transducer hook up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1994 ZJ 5.2EGR transducer hook up

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 08-21-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Ganjatrooper
1994 ZJ 

1994 ZJ 5.2EGR transducer hook up

Hey guys, so these forums rock and im definetly going to become a premium member once i get a little extra cash to help support Jeepforums! but in the mean time i have another question

So my jeep still isnt going but im getting closer so id like to throw a thanks out to everyone for all the help! very smart group! So in the process of trouble shooting my car i found that my EGR transducer was melted to **** so i replaced it but when i did i found that who ever owned it before I did had all but 1 of the 3 lines closed off. so i cant really find any where about how to hook them up. i think i got it right but i am not sure. so on the transducer/solenoid there is 3 lines 1 vac in <----- 2 EGR out ----> and a 3rd unknown so i found a vacuum line that was closed off it goes into the manifold next to where the vacuum line for the Fuel pressure regulator line is and im assuming this is the vacuum line for the EGR not sure though and i dont know how the other 2 lines go from the EGR transducer to the actual EGR valve it self so if someone could point me in the right direction with some info it would be much appreciated. and sorry for the long *** post and hopefully it makes sence i was just trying to do my best to explain as much as possible for those who can help! thanks in advance!

Ganjatrooper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
Ganjatrooper
1994 ZJ 

anyone?
Unread 08-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
rm2001wj
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

This diagram should help.
egr.jpg  
Unread 08-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
Ganjatrooper
1994 ZJ 

do you know where the vacuum in line comes from? cause i got one that is hooked up to my manifold next to where the pressure regulator is hooked up and im not sure if thats the right vacuum line?
Unread 08-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
rm2001wj
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

I am pretty sure that any manifold vacuum line will work, even if you have to tee the EGR vacuum line off of some other vacuum line. However, if that line you mentioned is not being used for something else, then it is should be the correct one.
rm2001wj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #6
Ganjatrooper
1994 ZJ 

yep previous owner had it closed off with a bolt so i figured it would be alright to hook it up to it thank you for help brotha
Unread 08-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #7
Virmagicus
Headed Out West

1998 ZJ 

I have two of the same years/motors. Let me know if you need a pic. I know it can be confusing as **** as i have had to run all the vacuum lines before.
Virmagicus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2010, 07:33 PM   #8
Ganjatrooper
1994 ZJ 

I think i got it figured out but not sure if you got a pic that would be tight, what would be symptoms of a bad/not hooked up EGR?>
Unread 07-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #9
Telejoke
1994 WJ 

Which of these parts would be likely culprits if you fail a smog test for "No vacuum signal to EGR"?
Telejoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #10
Virmagicus
Headed Out West

1998 ZJ 

A cracked vacuum line and or bad EGR. Test your EGR valve or have it tested to see if the motor stalls when the vacuum is blocked off. There is a couple tutorials on YT.
Virmagicus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.