1993 Oil Filter Adapter seal kit is not #04720363. What is the correct seal kit ??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1993 Oil Filter Adapter seal kit is not #04720363. What is the correct seal kit ???

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-09-2008, 12:32 AM   #1
Panchojeep

1993 Oil Filter Adapter seal kit is not #04720363. What is the correct seal kit ???

1993 Oil Filter Adapter seal kit is not #1-04720363. What is the correct seal kit ???

Re. 1993 Grand Cherokee, 4.0. I bought it new in May of 1992.

The dealer gave me a seal kit, part #1-04720363. Kit had 3 O-rings in it. Only one that seemed to fit was the largest ring. The other two smaller rings did not fit the bolt, or the flange on the bolt.

Does anyone know the correct part number for my vehicle ?

Panchojeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
zjay

My dealer parts guy came up with 4720363, same thing. You were able to get the bolt out of the housing, right? It needs a good shove sometimes.
zjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #3
Panchojeep

NAPA didn't have the O rings. Dealer had O rings as individual parts ($10.26).
Don't waste your time with any other O ring sets or parts numbers.

My ZJ is very early. Bought it new in May 1992, 30 days after the vehicle got to the dealership.

So, if your ZJ is among the very first manufactured, then, read on for the O ring solution.

Here's the answer: link and transcription.

Oil Filter Adapter O Rings for very, very early 1993 (purchased May 1992) Grand Cherokee ZJ with 5/8 inch bolt on adapter:

Link:
http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/...nt_O-Rings.htm

Transcription:
Note! There are a couple of different o-ring styles. HO engines have an o-ring 'kit' available w/ all three o-rings packaged together so in this regard... you're in luck! Just go to the dealer and ask for the "kit" with the o-rings together and you'll be ready to go. Getting the o-rings isn't much easier than that! The hard part will come when you start cussing that TORX bolt holding the filter mount on. Early / RENIX engines require that you buy all three o-rings seperately as they do NOT interchange with the HO o-rings. This is due to the different center bolt (TORX vs. hex head) that retains the filter mount. No big deal - they're a stock item for the dealer. These o-rings may be available at your local auto-parts store as well - they aren't anything special but you must have the correct sizes to prevent more leakage! Here are the dealer part numbers and sizes for the RENIX o-rings:
33002970 o-ring .799x.103
33002971 o-ring 1.296x.13
33002972 o-ring oil filter AD
Panchojeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.