1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!

Unread 05-30-2005, 08:48 PM   #1
magimoo

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I have a rattling noise when I start my jeep for less than 2 minutes or until I put it in drive. I do not hear it again until I turn my jeep off. I thought it was in my starter I was wrong. I was wondering if it could be a loose torque converter and can I tighten this my self. Thanks for the help!!!

magimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2005, 12:29 AM   #2
goodolboy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by magimoo
I have a rattling noise when I start my jeep for less than 2 minutes or until I put it in drive. I do not hear it again until I turn my jeep off. I thought it was in my starter I was wrong. I was wondering if it could be a loose torque converter and can I tighten this my self. Thanks for the help!!!
possibly the cat rattling from the inside, also i had a problem with the exhaust hitting the rear tb. i doubt its the torq conv, but to check pulloff the inspection plate/flywheel cover and check the 4 bolts that connect it too the torq conv. have to take the starter off to do so in order to get to all 4 bolts with out the starter to turn the flywheel i used a pry bar and turned the flywheel by wedging in the teeth and turning it, hope this helps

74 CJ5- total restoration from ground up, 3 spd, 304 V8, 32's
goodolboy71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.