Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  goodolboy71 
#1 ·
I have a rattling noise when I start my jeep for less than 2 minutes or until I put it in drive. I do not hear it again until I turn my jeep off. I thought it was in my starter I was wrong. I was wondering if it could be a loose torque converter and can I tighten this my self. Thanks for the help!!!

#2 ·
magimoo said:
I have a rattling noise when I start my jeep for less than 2 minutes or until I put it in drive. I do not hear it again until I turn my jeep off. I thought it was in my starter I was wrong. I was wondering if it could be a loose torque converter and can I tighten this my self. Thanks for the help!!!
possibly the cat rattling from the inside, also i had a problem with the exhaust hitting the rear tb. i doubt its the torq conv, but to check pulloff the inspection plate/flywheel cover and check the 4 bolts that connect it too the torq conv. have to take the starter off to do so in order to get to all 4 bolts with out the starter to turn the flywheel i used a pry bar and turned the flywheel by wedging in the teeth and turning it, hope this helps :wavey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.