1993 grand wagoneer/grand cherokee, alarm problem help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1993 grand wagoneer/grand cherokee, alarm problem help!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
greenday1425

1993 grand wagoneer/grand cherokee, alarm problem help!

help!!, i reset my ecu because one night my ecu got all messed up, the over head console was displaying everything in metric terms (liters per km and kilometers)
and my lights got all messed up, so i reset my ecu by taking both the terminals off my battery, and holding them together for 30 seconds. but then when i put them back on and try to start my jeep up it just turns and turns, there is gas going to it but its not firing, i dont know if the alarm got triggered or what happened but please help ASAP!

greenday1425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2007, 08:39 AM   #2
jmfirefighter20
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hi there!

To fix this problem you need a remote entry key fob. Whenever the battery is disconnected on the 93 it will trip the security alarm, which in turn cuts the fuel to the engine as an anti-theft device. Simply use your key fob and hit unlock. It will shut off the alarm, and you should be able to fire it right up.

Josh

'90 Jeep Wrangler YJ
1975 IHC Fleetstar 2010A Fire truck
'01 Jeep GC Laredo (SOLD)
1962 IHC BC-160 Fire Hose Wagon (SOLD)
jmfirefighter20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
93ZJbeast
1998 XJ Cherokee 

or if ya dont have one (like me) put the key in the drivers door and turn counter clockwise, and hold for 2-3 seconds. this dissables the alarm as well.
93ZJbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2007, 11:16 AM   #4
QuadraTokn
1930 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday1425
the over head console was displaying everything in metric terms (liters per km and kilometers)
there are 2 buttons above/around the overhead screen. one is to cycle through the computer, the left one is to change from metric to US
QuadraTokn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.