1993 grand waggon 5.2L V8 flooding out - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1993 grand waggon 5.2L V8 flooding out

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
ECMUDSLINGER
1998 ZJ 

1993 grand waggon 5.2L V8 flooding out

here it is 1993 grand wagoner ZJ body tho with a 5.2L V8.It is flooding out bad you can smell raw fuel strong and the plugs are soaked by gas and the oil is getting fuel in it to.it also emits a lot of black smoke with a lil white. I'm tired of trying my local mechanics it doesn't have odb1 or odb2 making it impossible to check it on a computer.I was told by a few people maybe the cam sensor and def the O2 sensor cause running it so rich can burn it out...please comment if u can help......THANX ECM

ECMUDSLINGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
impuresoul2k3
1993 ZJ 

1) You have a ZJ, not an FSJ, change your profile.
2) It has ODB-1, that's how you can do the on-off-on-off-on trick and pull codes.
3) If you don't have any codes, unplug the battery, disconnect the o2 sensor, and see if it behaves the same way. That will let you know if the O2 is bad.
4) FPR could also be bad.
Modified Throttle body
Flowmaster muffler
impuresoul2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
ECMUDSLINGER
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by impuresoul2k3 View Post
1) You have a ZJ, not an FSJ, change your profile.
2) It has ODB-1, that's how you can do the on-off-on-off-on trick and pull codes.
3) If you don't have any codes, unplug the battery, disconnect the o2 sensor, and see if it behaves the same way. That will let you know if the O2 is bad.
4) FPR could also be bad.
Still cant figure out the odb-1 deal i think my computer needs help ? but replaced the O2 sensor it did well for a week, then many more problems.The FPR is brand new also. Thanks
ECMUDSLINGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
Ricochet88
1993 ZJ 

mine will do the on off code puller thing it took me a few tries to get it to work the first time

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #5
Virmagicus
Headed Out West

1998 ZJ 

The ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON Trick
Virmagicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.