1993 Grand Cherokee died a few mins ago, whats the problem? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1993 Grand Cherokee died a few mins ago, whats the problem?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-26-2003, 06:41 PM   #1
arkman

1993 Grand Cherokee died a few mins ago, whats the problem?

I have a 1993 Grand Cherokee V8 4WD and it is having some crazy electrical problems. It sleeted really bad on Monday and it has been frozed and iced over everwhere here since. Today it melted and i had to go so im driving for a while and the gauges go out and the lights go out, the stereo, just the accessories, not the power steering etc. But i go over a speed bump on the way home and it all turns back on. So i pull over with the engine still on, and check the battery connection. It seems fine but then the engine cuts off. So i get in the car and i try to start her back up, but it wont turn over. What do yall think is the problem? I just spent a lot of money in getting the car fixed and got it back yesterday, i hope its not major.

Thanks,
Noah

arkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2003, 06:54 PM   #2
KillerZJ

god that sucks. i have no idea what it could be. definately electrical problems. do you think it could the the ingnition not sending anything to the plugs or anyting. if that helps.

Wow no pictures in sig? F*cking gay.[/FONT]
KillerZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2003, 08:18 PM   #3
TOM380

Check your main ground. There should be a main ground cable going from the body to the sub frame if you have a chiltons or clymer manual it should show you there. I had the same problem with my 94 F-150. The main ground is very important and will cause similar problems to what you are seeing.

1968 Jeep (Kaiser) Wagoneer, Buick 350 V8, Isky cam,HEI ignition, TH400 trans and completly stock inside and out.
TOM380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2003, 10:11 PM   #4
arkman

alright, well, i got the car running without a jump after letting it sit for 30 minutes and then i drove out 30 minutes to drop off my bro. Then when i tried to start the car again after hangin out for an hour, it was dead. I got a jump and it started so i am gonna replace the battery tomorrow and hope that is it. I am sure there is something else that is wrong, some kind of short or something in the dash... ill put that off though cuz it will prolly be expensive.
arkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2003, 07:47 AM   #5
blackbelt
2008 JK Wrangler 

Main ground, as has been mentioned, battery cable, or ignition switch.
2006 Scion xB
1987 VW Wolfsburg Cabriloet
1969 SAAB 96 V4
blackbelt is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.