1993-1998 Backspace?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 1993-1998 Backspace??

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 08-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
sidescrollin
1950 M-38 

1993-1998 Backspace??

Hey,
I am moving in several weeks. The problem is right now the diffs and Tranny is going out and our truck. We are selling our 325 to get a bigger car.
We need a car to haul our 3 Great Danes in when we move. There are seveal cars my dad and I have been hunting around town (we have 1500 to work with so we can't just go get any car we want). Right now its mostly Broncos,Tahoes,Suburbans, and Trucks with Tops.
I would like to broaden the cars we can look at so its not as hard.
My friend has an 02 Grand cherokee and from riding in it I THINK they have enough space.
so there is a 93 around here thats only about 800 dollars and there are a couple of others around town I could look into.
I wanted to hear an opinion though,are there people who own this car who think 3 danes can fit in the back?? I am not sure about the space in the back.
Can anyone Post some pics of their 93-98 Grand cherokee with the seats folded down?? I CANT FIND ANY! Then maybe somethng in the back to reference size.

I am still kinda iffy on these because I don't know if a random one can make a 1000 mile 14-16 hour straight journey and I have confidence in 350s and 351s in the Chevy and Fords I keep looking at.
Regardless of that I need to know if the 3 danes will fit back there. Thanks for any help!

I came onto this site just to ask this but Ill prolly lurk around a bit since we have a 1950 Willys, maybe I can find some interesting people to talk or swap parts with.

sidescrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
sidescrollin
1950 M-38 

Or measurements with the seats folded down!! That would be awesome!!!
Unread 08-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
BDKR
1989 YJ Wrangler 

My 1994 ZJ is 62" usable (fore to aft) from the closed gate to the back of the driver/passenger seats. If I were a midget driver, increase that by 3" (for bigger folks knees will rub steering wheel and use broomstick to reach pedals.

Usable height is only 36" -Our German Shorthair/Dalmation mix rides great, but I'm not sure with Danes.

HTH,

Ben
BDKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #4
nwfjarhead
1998 ZJ 

my 125 pound rottie rides with me in the back with the seats up(in the cargo area). when he is back there there would be plenty of room for a second and both would have room to move around. with the eats down I don't think 3 danes would have a issue moving a bit as well as laying down to sleep. I hope this helps. good luck with he zj and the move.
Unread 08-02-2009, 01:32 AM   #5
sidescrollin
1950 M-38 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwfjarhead View Post
my 125 pound rottie rides with me in the back with the seats up(in the cargo area). when he is back there there would be plenty of room for a second and both would have room to move around. with the eats down I don't think 3 danes would have a issue moving a bit as well as laying down to sleep. I hope this helps. good luck with he zj and the move.
thanks for the info. They don't get up much on trips, mostly just lay around and sleep. If there is enough room for them all to fit laying down then thats totally fine.
Unread 08-02-2009, 01:33 AM   #6
sidescrollin
1950 M-38 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDKR View Post
My 1994 ZJ is 62" usable (fore to aft) from the closed gate to the back of the driver/passenger seats. If I were a midget driver, increase that by 3" (for bigger folks knees will rub steering wheel and use broomstick to reach pedals.

Usable height is only 36" -Our German Shorthair/Dalmation mix rides great, but I'm not sure with Danes.

HTH,

Ben
THANKS dude thats really helpful. I just gotta go out tomorrow and checkout what the dimensions on the truck are we used to use to haul them around. I think the length may be the same if not longer but I really doubt there will be the same room in width as a bronco.

I looked at like Every ebay listing and noone takes a pic with the seats down.
Unread 08-02-2009, 01:42 AM   #7
sidescrollin
1950 M-38 

They are younger Girls and not really really big Danes or anything.
I measure it out (didn't go outside because they are sleepin) but I know how tall they stand by me.
I think 36" would work perfectly.

A long time ago when we had only one Dane she fit in a station wagon, but just barely (heightwise).

This is looking better and better.

Do you know how wide it is?

I think they can fit back there. 62" is a pretty good amount of space.
Unread 08-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #8
nwfjarhead
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidescrollin View Post
THANKS dude thats really helpful. I just gotta go out tomorrow and checkout what the dimensions on the truck are we used to use to haul them around. I think the length may be the same if not longer but I really doubt there will be the same room in width as a bronco.

I looked at like Every ebay listing and noone takes a pic with the seats down.
I use to have a 95 bronco and the zj has quite a bit more room.
Unread 08-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #9
sidescrollin
1950 M-38 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwfjarhead View Post
I use to have a 95 bronco and the zj has quite a bit more room.
in both cases with the seats folded up??
if so thanks dude thats really helpful because mostly what we have used so it tells me for sure we can use one.
Unread 08-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #10
nwfjarhead
1998 ZJ 

seats up bronco wins seats down zj wins.
Unread 08-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #11
sidescrollin
1950 M-38 

Aha!! Today I saw one. It was trash and probaby doesn't run sitting in a parking spot with the windows down.
I can tell for sure there is enough room.

Next to it was a Grand Wagoneer but for some reason it looks small inside.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.