12 volt line at the hitch receptacle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 12 volt line at the hitch receptacle

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-05-2003, 12:51 PM   #1
Burnsy1

12 volt line at the hitch receptacle

I noticed there is an active 12 volt line at the hitch receptacle. Is this line strong enough (heavy enough gauge) to run to the battery on my popup trailer? If so I'd like to connect the line to the battery on my trailer to maintain the charge and allow me to run my rv refrigerator on dc while driving. Any info or opinions is appreciated.

Burnsy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2003, 12:52 PM   #2
whitevette

What gauge wire is it?
'77 Corvette L-48
'74 Land Cruiser FJ40
whitevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2003, 01:10 PM   #3
Burnsy1

Thats what I am wondering, I haven't yet tried crawling under the jeep to see if it is visible. It is a jeep installed hitch\receptacle.
Burnsy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.