12 Things You Can Do When Your ZJ Stalls - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 12 Things You Can Do When Your ZJ Stalls

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 10-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #31
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

This excellent thread is falling into oblivion again...

-Stalling ZJ? 12 things to check before replacing a sensor; the Dirty Dozen
-Crankshaft position sensor multimeter test. & video of testing.
Uniblurb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 02:07 AM   #32
iser
1997 ZJ 

who is in charge of the faq? why has this not been added? there are several threads that need to go into the faq, including my torque specification thread. i mean, right under that thread was a thread asking for the torque value of a power steering pump. really?

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/isers-build-thread-1401938/"][B]MY BUILD THREAD LINK[/B] - [I]Updated on THU 23MAY2013[/I][/URL]

[B]Specs[/B]- 97 ZJ 5.2L - 4" Zone Lift - 285/75R16 Cooper STT
[B]Upcoming Projects[/B]- Front Axle Swap. On the look out for HP30.

[B][I]"lead me, follow me or get the hell out of my way"[/I][/B]
- gen. george patton
iser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 03:03 AM   #33
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iser View Post
who is in charge of the faq? why has this not been added? there are several threads that need to go into the faq, including my torque Oh ! I see
A write up on that would a welcome addition. i mean, right under that thread was a thread asking for the torque value of a power steering pump. really?
It seems like they just don;t add to the facts any more, maybe cuz they think people don,t read the facts
Hay ! would you put in a link to the torque specification thread ? EDIT: found the thread

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
hdrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #34
accord23
1998 ZJ 

Great write up!!! thx soooooo much...
accord23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #35
fisherfield
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Nice write up! I've managed to read through it and not diagnose my problem...may be running it to my mechanic on Monday...Argh...hate spending money on cars! Although..I've owned it so long..another few $$ is still money saved!
fisherfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 04:08 AM   #36
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherfield View Post
Nice write up! I've managed to read through it and not diagnose my problem...may be running it to my mechanic on Monday...Argh...hate spending money on cars! Although..I've owned it so long..another few $$ is still money saved!
Read on bro

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
hdrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #37
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Time to bring this thread back to the head of the class again. Seems like many are asking for help on stall/no-start problems and ZeeJay has a ton of useful info in this thread.

Unread 12-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #38
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniblurb View Post
Time to bring this thread back to the head of the class again. Seems like many are asking for help on stall/no-start problems and ZeeJay has a ton of useful info in this thread.
Thanks for the bump Uni, I have been fine tuning the article here and there. Adding more detail when I see an opportunity for clarification. If people would read it and do what it says, we would be golden. I've seen a couple of instances where a dirty dozen fix was made after a long string of posts and the op claimed to have read the article. Must be the rise in A.D.D. cases nowadays.

You can lead a horse to water...
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #39
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997 View Post
Thanks for the bump Uni, I have been fine tuning the article here and there. Adding more detail when I see an opportunity for clarification. If people would read it and do what it says, we would be golden. I've seen a couple of instances where a dirty dozen fix was made after a long string of posts and the op claimed to have read the article. Must be the rise in A.D.D. cases nowadays.

You can lead a horse to water...
Yeah Zee, noticed you've been updating your thread and looking better all the time. Don't know why users want a quick fix to their problems yet refuse to read to solve them. It's getting a little old telling them to go back and read your thread when the link was already posted.

Still don't know why your thread isn't a sticky? Are you more likely to have ZJ stall/no-start problems or swap out your differential?? Not degrading that great thread/sticky at all but believe your thread is a whole lot more relevant to many of the problems we're seeing here.

Unread 12-04-2012, 04:39 AM   #40
jscenrg
1996 ZJ 

This is awesome! What did we ever do before we had forums like this to share all this experience? Oh I remember..... (Shivers)
Unread 12-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #41
backyardjeeper
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscenrg View Post
This is awesome! What did we ever do before we had forums like this to share all this experience? Oh I remember..... (Shivers)
What did you guys do before there were forums? Every car i've ever had had a forum to help me fix it. And there's always a couple major guru's that seem to know almost everything about the vehicle.

Come to think of it... internet forums and fuel injection began around about the same time, didn't they? or at least the forums came around when the fuel injected cars started getting older and buggier.
..().)..().)---).). 2-speed electric taurus fan. Neon injector upgrade.
backyardjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #42
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardjeeper View Post
What did you guys do before there were forums?
Paid shops to guess at what was wrong.
Unread 12-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #43
ESUBOSTON
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thks zeejay ....i did 6 swapping the mods in the pdc ...same thing ..I don't have an engine trouble light ..runs great in the yard at idle but once you put in drive and take off the engine will go smooth for about 1 minute and then slows way down, can't take gas and I think it pops thru the carb. ESU
ESUBOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #44
ESUBOSTON
1998 XJ Cherokee 

1908 grand cherokee stalling

Hi ..I've come to the conclusion that it runs perfect at idle and also takes gas giiving a high idle when in park. No problems at all, but when I put it in gear for about 100 yards it starts to stall ...poping in carb..no excileration for about 1 or 2 minutes..then that clears up and it runs good. I have not read any feedback that actually relates to this problem. Can you give it one more thought..I hate to think of a $300.00 bill when I'm 70 years old on a retired military budget!

Thanks
ESUBOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #45
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

I got bored and reordered the dirty dozen, took out some distracting content, added a few details.

Tags
bucking , check engine light , hesitation , no start , stall issue

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.