For anyone who is interested in another GC No Start... 1996 GC 107k miles, 5.2L
No starts began the other morning. Engine cranked but thanks to this thread from ZeeJay and others, I looked for the CEL, found a whirring fuel pump and no CEL. Also no gauge readings and the low fuel light displayed.
- After battery charge, cleaning some grounds and terminals, sometimes it would give me a CEL and sometimes no.
- When I got a CEL and could get gauge voltages for the ON position, they ranged from high 11s to possibly a 12.5. When running, near 14v.
- I did some testing and battery boosts over a few days expecting to tie the issue to lower voltages. No apparent correlation.
- BTW, whenever I got a CEL, GC started and ran fine (not counting TPS relearning).
- Also turns out I typically started messing with this in the AM in the shade and would get CELS by mid afternoon (right in the afternoon sun).
So my current theory is that the PCM does not want to work when cool/cold.
- No joy Tuesday following rain.
- CEL / start / ran fine Wed and today in the afternoon (bright FL sun right into the PCM area)
- After sundown, and cool down, no CEL / no start.
- So, got the heat gun out set it on low pointed at the PCM, turned the key to on and got CEL withing about 60 seconds.
Friday morning will try the cold PCM and heat gun again and if results are the same will get a PCM.
Thanks again to ZeeJay and all of you who have contributed to all this.