'05 WK Flooding? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > '05 WK Flooding?

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Steinjäger photo contest!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-16-2005, 11:04 AM   #1
alinn

'05 WK Flooding?

Hello folks,

Thought I would introduce myself here. I am actually a first time jeep owner and love the vechicle with a small caveat. I hate to do an introduction and venting, but I thought I would get other opinions on the matter. I'll try and keep the synopsis as short as I can. In the last month I purchased the '05 5.7 liter HEMI WK and love(d) it. It's a great machine, until that one fateful day.

Came out from work and found a few drops of water leaking in the interior of the car from the bar leading down from the ceiling to the right front passenger dash. No problem, I took it into the stealership and had it looked at.....Got it back three days later after it had been "fixed." After work that evening (after a long day of rain) the entire car was now filled with water. 3-4" on the floor in the front and it was still pouring in from the front overhead lights! WOOT!

So took it back with this nicely moisturized car, and they said they would fix it. Fast forward a week. Got a call that it was fixed. Went to pick it up.

Drove the car about a half mile down the road before I realized the next "fun" issue. The right side passenger door open indicator is dinging. "Great" SO I take it back again....now since this car has <1K miles on it they agree to replace the whole thing.

I suppose that my question is whether this is something that is common? I assume not, and I want to be a happy jeep owner. Just want to make sure that I am doing the right thing here.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Unread 06-16-2005, 11:25 AM   #2
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Although the WK is very new, still haven't seen many problems with it at all. There was another member a month or so back that had a lemon (like you) and sometimes that is all there is to it. I am surprised they tried to fix the Jeep after it had 4 inches of water in it...so much to replace at that point.

Looks like you had a good experience with the dealer not hesitating giving you a new Jeep though. I think your Jeep perfectly fits under the Lemon Law which is why they are giving you a new one. Enjoy the new one none the less...it can't be much worse then your original

Welcome to the forum...
-Ryan
Unread 06-16-2005, 11:45 AM   #3
01grander

Your dealer is very nice indeed usually they wouldnt be that nice. Theyll usually give you the run around for a few thousand miles until your tired of complaining. I have a WJ which is the model before yours but mine has also leaked in a few places but got fixed and hasnt been a problem since. Good lucky w/ your new jeep and welcome.
Plenty of Hellas.
01grander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2005, 02:00 PM   #4
HemiWay

Alinn,
Your leaking is first time I have read of anyone here or over at the JU WK Forum having this problem. I had some water drip into mine after going through the car wash but it was due to the sunroof being slightly open. The previous week, the guys at the car wash, apparently touched the open when wiping down the interior. I was unaware of it since the ceiling cover was closed. Glad to see that your dealer is going to replace it without a wimper. Rare these days.
HemiWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2005, 02:54 PM   #5
soldierguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

Glad your dealer was so cooperative. My guess is that the interior getting so much water in it probably screwed something up, and you might have been facing a long series of electrical problems...that's at least part of the reason that cars involved in floods are branded with flood titles.

In terms of the original leak, there's a TSB out on that...drain tubes from the sunroof leading down the pillars may have been damaged during installation, causing leaks. It can happen with any sunroof during installation in any vehicle, and at least Jeep has acknowledged it.

2012 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
2008 MV Agusta Brutale 910S
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2005, 02:59 PM   #6
alinn

thanks for the warm welcome

Hey folks,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to taking delivery of my brand new jeep, and to continue to be a part of this community.

Andy

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.