05 Grand Cherokee Whining Noise - Pls Help !! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 05 Grand Cherokee Whining Noise - Pls Help !!

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-19-2006, 04:58 PM   #1
marcven1

05 Grand Cherokee Whining Noise - Pls Help !!

Hi - 1st Jeep I have owned - Grand Cherokee with Hemi. The car is great, generally. I live in New England and it's a fantastic snow car. One problem: there has been a whining since day one that gets louder as you go faster (only when accelerator is on - not coasting so nothing to do with tires). Have had it in 3 times to dealer - tried several things including some trans problem, supposedly. Nothing has worked. Whine is pretty bad - dealer doesn't dispute it but hasn't been able to fix it. Wife wants to dump it. Any one had similar problems and ESPECIALLY if you have found a solution? If I don't find something soon I will be a former Jeep owner. Thanks in advance for any help / advice.

marcven1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2006, 12:26 PM   #2
drewman141
Gas Guzzler

1994 ZJ 

Welcome to the forum
Check www.wkjeeps.com under the TSB section there are couple of TSBs for whining noises. The big one is for the power steering system. Mine does the same thing I just haven't brought it in for it - too lazy I guess.

MUST GO! 1994 Limited ZJ 5.2L V8 - Light Driftwood Satin Glow
It's a 94 5.2L Limited - trxus 33's on 15x7 steelies, 4.56s w/ front OX and rear trutrac, NP242 swap, novak shift kit, Kevin's ultimate 4.5" lift + ACOS, ARB front bumper w/warn M8000, rear tomkin machine bumper w/ tire carrier, kevin's hardore railz, kevin's ultimate tc skid, kevin's trackbar conversion, rusty's gas skid, flexalite efan, Kolak's performance ignition and brake upgrades. ViAir OBA, custom storage/sub box and I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I'm missing. Everything is a little over 3 years old with less than 10K miles. Looking to get around $4k.

drewman141 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.