'03 Grand Cherokee - Power Window Help? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > '03 Grand Cherokee - Power Window Help?

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-11-2007, 09:08 PM   #1
brianray

'03 Grand Cherokee - Power Window Help?

I just moved to Colorado during the winter from a much warmer part of the planet and made the genius decision to try and roll down my driver's side window during a snow/ice storm. Needless to say, the Jeep was unhappy with me and I immediately heard a pretty loud "pop" inside the door. I can still hear the motor running like normal, but the window doesn't go anywhere.

I'm assuming either the motor that drives the window detached from the mechanism that controls the glass (the regulator, right?) or the regulator detached from the glass itself.

Am I right on either count or will I have to open up the door to find out? Just wondering if this a part I can reattach or if I will need to order and install a new regulator, or if I'm just not even in the right ballpark. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Love,
Winter Weather Genius

brianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2007, 09:17 PM   #2
Vestjam

2008 JK Wrangler 

Won't know until you get in there....

Chances are that something just poped out and all you will need to do is pop it back in.

Stand by on ordering the regulator. Pop your door panel and take a look. You may be surprised!

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
4.0L/AW4, Yakima Roof Rack
Vestjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 02:15 AM   #3
ras2001wj
2001 WJ 

Most likely a broken cable clamp in the regulator, its most likely shot, mines been for 6 months, got vice grips holding it up

[SIZE="3"][B]2001 WJ Laredo 4.0[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][B]2" BB
245/75R16 [/B][/SIZE]
[B]
[COLOR="Red"]Ron [/COLOR][COLOR="White"]Paul[/COLOR][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/B][COLOR="Blue"] 2012[/COLOR]
"Freedoms Popular"
ras2001wj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2007, 05:01 AM   #4
Turbonut

As the cable probably snapped, here you go! They work and fit well, and also a lifetime warranty:

http://www.directauto.com/category-e...rch_year/2003/

Better get some plastic door clips in advance, as some will break when panel is removed.
Turbonut is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.