02 GC Laredo/oil pressure problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 02 GC Laredo/oil pressure problem

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-07-2007, 07:38 AM   #1
beckysjeep

02 GC Laredo/oil pressure problem

Thru all my searching on this it sounds like a sensor, Hopefully anyway! Do any of you know where this sensor/sending unit is located at and here I go again - Can a girl replace this?

Any little tips would be appreciated.

beckysjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 07:40 AM   #2
07JGCL
2007 WK 

what engine?
07JGCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 07:41 AM   #3
beckysjeep

Hmmm. V8 help
Unread 12-07-2007, 07:44 AM   #4
nierace
2003 WJ 

You posted in the wrong section

Have you tried to pull codes ? Turn the key on and off 3 times and watch the odometer for codes.
sira4x4.net North East Offroad Club
www.carolinadriveline.com
www.ironrockoffroad.com
kolak@aol.com
nierace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 07:46 AM   #5
beckysjeep

Don't know anything about the codes. What section should I have posted in?
Unread 12-07-2007, 07:54 AM   #6
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Moved to the ZJ/WJ section
Unread 12-07-2007, 08:04 AM   #7
beckysjeep

ok thanks.
Unread 12-07-2007, 05:31 PM   #8
jeep_on

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckysjeep
Thru all my searching on this it sounds like a sensor, Hopefully anyway! Do any of you know where this sensor/sending unit is located at and here I go again - Can a girl replace this?

Any little tips would be appreciated.
The oil sending unit is right above the oil filter on the 4.7L V8. You will have to remove the oil filter to get to it. You will than need a special socket to remove and reinstall the sensor, its available at any auto parts store. It doesnít take very long and even a girl can do it, if you donít mind getting a little oil on your hands.

I bought mine from the dealer for $45 if I remember right. Part number is 56028807AB. You can buy it from a Dodge dealer if your local Jeep dealer doesnít have one.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2007, 06:50 AM   #9
Soft 8
2007 JK Wrangler 

My oil pressure sending unit bit the dust about two weeks ago. I picked mine up at Autozone for $47 with a warranty. I removed the oil filter to get better access to the sensor. You will have to disconnect the electrical connection on the sensor before you can get a socket on it. I was able to get away with a deep well 1-1/16" Socket. (actually I got the sensor from the parts counter and took it over to the sockets on the shelf and grabbed the deepest one that I could find that fit the socket). The hardest part for me was getting the electrical connection apart. On the connection there is a red tab that locks the connection together. You must slide it to one side and to be able to pull it apart. If you need to get a better look at that style of connection they are used all over under the hood. I checked out one over on the passenger side up by the firewall. Also it helped me to spray a little WD 40 on the connection prior to pulling it apart.
Unread 01-24-2008, 04:54 PM   #10
beckysjeep

oil pressure sending unit

Got the part at OReilly's $37. Then it got really cold here. Took to a local shop and they put my part on for $44. Then found something leaking, thought it was oil. Took it back and they said it's not oil. My power steering pump is leaking and 2 leaks in the transmission! the sending unit for the oil prssure worked great tho.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.