'01 vs '02 roof rack cross rails + want to buy cross rails... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > '01 vs '02 roof rack cross rails + want to buy cross rails...

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-16-2006, 11:25 PM   #1
NoLimitsLimited

'01 vs '02 roof rack cross rails + want to buy cross rails...

okay....i noticed that between my '02 grand cherokee limited and my dad's '01 grand cherokee limited..that the roof rack rails look the same, except for his '01....along w/all other '01's ive seen....have indicator-like holes going all along on the outer side of each rail. Whereas on my '02.....it doenst have any indicator-like holes.....and i noticed on one other '02 in town here that his '02 is just like mine....w/no holes on the rails unlike the '01's.......why is this? can anyone tell me?

ALSO....reason being..is because id like to get a set pair of oem roof rack cross rails for my '02 grand cherokee limited. however....will all 99+ roof rail cross rails be the same and go right on my '02? will they clamp down all the way or wont they "latch" in place because '02's dont have the holes on the rails?

any help is appreciated and if anyone has a set of oem black cross rails to fit my '02 grand cherokee limited that're in mint condition that they'd just like to get rid of cuz they're not using or have no use for, let me know i'd be interested. thanks!

- Christian

NoLimitsLimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2006, 12:12 AM   #2
Samuel2002

NLL,

I also have a 2002 GC and had to get NEW (new to me!) roof rack rails, cause some one liked mine end stole 'em at a parking garage.

I got mine from a friend that prepares used cars at a dealership prior to puting 'em out for sale, and mine came off of a '99 that they were sending out to auction cause it had been sitting longer than 45 days. But I did notice mine DOES have the little holes along the outside edge of the roof rail, to guide you when latching down on the cross rails. I used to have a '99 2WD (BIG mistake! traded in for 4WD.) and that had them too.

Well, holes or not they are suposed to be the same from 99 to 04. I've actualy seen a guy driving arround with some of the silver ones off of an '03 or '04 Freedom Edition and his rig is a 2000 Laredo 4WD.

Good Luck!
Samuel2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2006, 12:18 AM   #3
NoLimitsLimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel2002
NLL,

I also have a 2002 GC and had to get NEW (new to me!) roof rack rails, cause some one liked mine end stole 'em at a parking garage.

I got mine from a friend that prepares used cars at a dealership prior to puting 'em out for sale, and mine came off of a '99 that they were sending out to auction cause it had been sitting longer than 45 days. But I did notice mine DOES have the little holes along the outside edge of the roof rail, to guide you when latching down on the cross rails. I used to have a '99 2WD (BIG mistake! traded in for 4WD.) and that had them too.

Well, holes or not they are suposed to be the same from 99 to 04. I've actualy seen a guy driving arround with some of the silver ones off of an '03 or '04 Freedom Edition and his rig is a 2000 Laredo 4WD.

Good Luck!
thanks man....for mine though whats your opinion....its onyx green pearlcoat as the color w/the rogue chrome 5spoke 17" rims w/the Goodyear SR-A white raised lettered tires.....should i just keep my factory rails, and get the oem cross rails? or should i go w/the silver freedom edition rails package?
NoLimitsLimited is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.