01 grand motor problem. need help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 01 grand motor problem. need help

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-13-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
limecolbyjack

01 grand motor problem. need help

posting this for a buddy.

I have a 01 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. I have about 77,000 miles on it. I hate to trade vehicles. I really do. I know I will have to one of these days but it is an easy thing to put off.
-
Problem I have started to notice is that there is a very slight and minor hesitation or hiccup when I am cruising down the road at say 65 mph. It is hardly noticeable but it is something that is bugging me. I would say in a mile, I would notice it do this about 3 or 4 times. Do you think the brains may be going out of it or could it be as simple as the fuel filter? Perhaps an ignition control module? I am pretty much illiterate when it comes to mechanics. Any ideas? I don't want to take it to the shop and then have them take me.

thanks guys ill let him know what you post. thanks -chris

[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2163492]my jeep pics[/URL]
limecolbyjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
sandman
1993 ZJ 

how are the spark plugs? my xj did that and new plugs fixed it.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2007, 07:47 AM   #3
cmonson

I would be willing to bet a simple tune up would fix it. (plugs, air filter, flush fuel system)

If you don't know when the last time you performed each task above, you really need to...
cmonson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2007, 06:19 PM   #4
CoolHunting
2001 WJ 

If you're running your air conditioner it just may be the clutch of the compressor kicking on and off. My 2001 4.7 does this (very slight) when I'm cruising (60-70 mph) on the open road.

'01 WJ Laredo - 4.7L, QD, UC, GY Wrangler SA 245/65/17 tires, MX6 shocks, Stillen rotors (F/R) and MM pads, Addco F/R Sway Bars
CoolHunting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2007, 07:15 PM   #5
ras2001wj
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonson
I would be willing to bet a simple tune up would fix it. (plugs, air filter, flush fuel system)

This may solve it, but it is most like as below, or maybe a bearing going on the water pump or alternator, all causing more stress, taking power away. But that seems like it would be a little more of a constant powerloss than the AC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHunting
If you're running your air conditioner it just may be the clutch of the compressor kicking on and off. My 2001 4.7 does this (very slight) when I'm cruising (60-70 mph) on the open road.

[SIZE="3"][B]2001 WJ Laredo 4.0[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][B]2" BB
245/75R16 [/B][/SIZE]
[B]
[COLOR="Red"]Ron [/COLOR][COLOR="White"]Paul[/COLOR][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/B][COLOR="Blue"] 2012[/COLOR]
"Freedoms Popular"
ras2001wj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.