'01 Grand - A/C Question-Low Pressure Cut - Off Switch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > '01 Grand - A/C Question-Low Pressure Cut - Off Switch

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 07-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
CheapSunglasses
2007 XK Commander 

'01 Grand - A/C Question - Low Pressure Cut-Off Switch

My wife's '01 Grand's A/C needs a charge and the low pressure cut off switch is preventing the compressor from coming on.

Can anyone tell me where the switch is, and how do I jump it to allow me to re-charge the system.

Thanks

Unread 07-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
WiCkeDuDe
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Just jump the ac compressor clutch and recharge. Its right there and easy to get to.
WiCkeDuDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

So, its completely empty? Otherwise you wouldn't need to jump it to charge it. If it is completely empty, you will need to find and fix the leak or you will be charging it constantly.

Build Thread

KCCO
ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
CheapSunglasses
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiCkeDuDe View Post
Just jump the ac compressor clutch and recharge. Its right there and easy to get to.
How exactly do I jump it? I just don't want to fry anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezflip View Post
So, its completely empty? Otherwise you wouldn't need to jump it to charge it. If it is completely empty, you will need to find and fix the leak or you will be charging it constantly.
Yeah it's completely empty....It seems to be a very small leak, so I bought the sealer and recharge kit....I figured I'd give it a shot before spending money.
Unread 07-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
WiCkeDuDe
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

The AC compressor clutch will have a 2 pin connection to it. It simply uses 12volts and a ground to engage the clutch. Just jumper 12 volts and a ground to it and start the recharge.
WiCkeDuDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
CheapSunglasses
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiCkeDuDe View Post
The AC compressor clutch will have a 2 pin connection to it. It simply uses 12volts and a ground to engage the clutch. Just jumper 12 volts and a ground to it and start the recharge.
I ended up finding the low pressure switch and jumping the harness side with a paper clip to override the low pressure cut off switch and trick the clutch into engaging.

Thanks all

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.