00 GC stalled and won't start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 00 GC stalled and won't start

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-11-2008, 10:36 PM   #1
mattpm07

00 GC stalled and won't start

2000 Grand Cherokee w/ the 4.7l and 2wd. Going down the road today and just cut out. It turns over for about 3 seconds till it acts like it catches but it only catches for about half a second until it dies. When the key is on and all the gauge lights come on, then go off, Check Gauges light stays on. I tried messing with the pcm and such. I had it towed to a local shop to have them run the code and run the diagnostics on it. I'm leading to believe it's the Crankshaft Position Sensor. Anyone else have experience with this problem. It's like the timing or something is way off for the half second it wants to start. The fuel pump turns on when it's cranked so we're good there also.

Matt

mattpm07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2008, 06:47 AM   #2
mattpm07

BTT anyone?
mattpm07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2008, 08:04 AM   #3
00RedWJ
2006 WK 

I had similar symptoms and it turned out to be the Camshaft Position Sensor

2006 Black Grand Cherokee Laredo WK
3.7 with 65,000 Miles
00RedWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2008, 12:47 PM   #4
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

I had the same exact problem. I had no spark or anything. Replaced camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor at the same time and no more problem.
Build Thread: http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=7387
AgitatedPancake's Youtube Channel
AgitatedPancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #5
krossfyah
2001 WJ 

where is the cam shaft position sensor locationed on the JGC 4.7? could not find it
krossfyah is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.