0 oil pressure and loud noises - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 0 oil pressure and loud noises

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andAdvance Adapters SYE KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-25-2009, 09:35 PM   #16
kasbiker38
1989 YJ Wrangler 

it def sounds like a rod to me. If you lose #1 main/rod you lose virtually all oil pressure. That also explains the noise. Thats how mine was, i haven't heard the sound yet so i dont know how much like mine it was but you heard it so make an inference.

kasbiker38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2009, 09:53 PM   #17
dougy147
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep795 View Post
the oil is greyish milky. i took a cookie wheel to the head and block to clean it. Maybe that was my problem.
I'd say that probably didn't help. I'd suggest a bristle brush next time (like this http://www.grainger.com/1/1/45820-ro...disc-pads.html ). They cost a lot more, but they also last A LOT longer than a cookie. The lighter grit ones are much easier on surfaces than a cookie because they have some give to them.

Of course, having the head planed isn't such a bad idea either. Then use the bristle brush on the block and you should be good to go.
08 WK Laredo 4.7 (traded for tin can)
The Present
07 JK Unlimited Sahara
dougy147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #18
kasbiker38
1989 YJ Wrangler 

i think people are neglecting the awkward noises this thing is making... Idk it is just leading me away from a head gasket.
kasbiker38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.