Zipper issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Zipper issue

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
tcook95beast

Zipper issue

I have a little issue with the zipper on the back drivers side window. It has pulled apart and the little plastic clasp is cracked. Is there a way to replace this zipper or fix the one that is on there? I can't take my top up and down like it is!! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

tcook95beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If the zipper clasp is shot so is the zipper. You will have to get a new zipper sewn in. Not easy to find anyone to do it. If your stitching is bad you are ready for a new top.

Much easier to replace the top. Please fill in your profile before asking more questions, it helps others to help you.

Sorry for the bad news.
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I had a zipper replaced at a place that does boat canvas. Cost about $35
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I had a zipper replaced at a place that does boat canvas. Cost about $35

Interesting! I wonder what and if they would do the seams on old tops to save them?

I have replaced a couple of tops only due to the stitching rotting and breaking.
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.