you know you drive a YJ when..... - Page 830 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > you know you drive a YJ when.....

Iron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCKZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-17-2013, 01:33 AM   #12436
CleverNameHere
1991 YJ Wrangler 

When your friends all fight each other to see who gets to ride in the Jeep. And you're sitting there thinking... "You know... I could have 3 reliable running cars right now if I play my cards right..." haha, naw, just kidding. 2 civics and an exploder ain't worth all the money and blood and cussing I put into this thing.

CleverNameHere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #12437
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

YKYDAYJW:

You hear about a Jeep for sale. You hear it's really nice. You hear it's $1000 and you start drooling. You hear it has more than $1000 worth of winch on it and your heart starts beating faster.

...then you hear it's a Cherokee.
”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #12438
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
YKYDAYJW:

You hear about a Jeep for sale. You hear it's really nice. You hear it's $1000 and you start drooling. You hear it has more than $1000 worth of winch on it and your heart starts beating faster.

...then you hear it's a Cherokee.
Buy it take the winch resell for profit
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #12439
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3 View Post
Buy it take the winch resell for profit
You missed the format it is:

1. Buy
2. Take winch
3. Sell
4.??????
5. Profit

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #12440
Target92
1994 YJ Wrangler 

When you are so used to repairs being so difficult that brute force is needed, that it escapes you that sometimes all you need to do is put down the wrench and spray some lube, and you problem magically fixes itself...

When you realize that all manuals neglect to mention the most important part of a repair... The Blood Sacrifice.
Target92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #12441
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target92 View Post
When you are so used to repairs being so difficult that brute force is needed, that it escapes you that sometimes all you need to do is put down the wrench and spray some lube, and you problem magically fixes itself...

When you realize that all manuals neglect to mention the most important part of a repair... The Blood Sacrifice.
No need. The blood draws itself through battered fingers.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 11:54 PM   #12442
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah but most of the time it grows back in a couple of weeks.

Sent from underneath my Jeep

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #12443
Haggerty
1991 YJ Wrangler 

When your gf overhears you saying "shes a temperamental ***** and p***** me off" and doesn't get mad
Haggerty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #12444
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

The very first repair I did was my clutch. Busted my knuckles twice n while taking off the flywheel bolts the socket slipped and the breaker bar busted me right in the nose. That was quite the rush. I should have taken that as a sign... To wear a full face helmet when working in it.

Sent from my phone because I'm doing something "more important"

Current Project: None... I disgust myself.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
rambo3489 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #12445
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
When your gf overhears you saying "shes a temperamental ***** and p***** me off" and doesn't get mad
Lol. Good one

Sent from my phone because I'm doing something "more important"

Current Project: None... I disgust myself.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
rambo3489 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #12446
RiverPatrol
1989 YJ Wrangler 

YKYDAYJW:

-Mag mini flashlights hidden around the cabin act as primary lighting
-Parts drop off while driving, horrifying passengers, while you just shrug and go "eh"
-Everyone else calls your rig "rusty" - you see rust as "patina"
RiverPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #12447
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverPatrol
YKYDAYJW:

-Mag mini flashlights hidden around the cabin act as primary lighting
-Parts drop off while driving, horrifying passengers, while you just shrug and go "eh"
-Everyone else calls your rig "rusty" - you see rust as "patina"
For whatever reason, I had about 4 bolts, some washers, and some nuts rolling around the pan of our YJ. I think they were extras from the rock slider project. I didn't think much of it until a coworker jumped in the back seat as 3 of us went to lunch. He yelled over the wind and rattle, "what are these for" with a look of concern. I replied, "seat belts" then laughed as he tugged at the belt to ensure it was connected.

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club #91
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #12448
Erikasjgc

This thread is soooo funny!!! My last car was 17 years old so I understand the love

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Erikasjgc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #12449
Target92
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just learned another one, when you discover that rolling down the window on your driver's side full door causes it to pull the door bar and open the door... When you are getting on the interstate. Gotta say love my YJ, but oh do I hate the doors. If it wasn't for the fact that that is where the JP logo goes they would NOT be going back on.
Target92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #12450
H3lzsn1p3r

Quote:
Just learned another one, when you discover that rolling down the window on your driver's side full door causes it to pull the door bar and open the door... When you are getting on the interstate. Gotta say love my YJ, but oh do I hate the doors. If it wasn't for the fact that that is where the JP logo goes they would NOT be going back on.

doors are for storing the jeep in winter not for driving lol
H3lzsn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.