you know you drive a YJ when..... - Page 823 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > you know you drive a YJ when.....

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Reply
Unread 08-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #12331
19Mike95
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Port orchard, Wa
Posts: 40
I guess this one is a you know you drive a jeep in general when non jeep drivers have to come up with the 5 stages of jeep drivers

19Mike95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #12332
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 14,812
There are so many different types of jeeps and types of people driving them for different reasons the one thing that is universal from the crusty framed cj to the squares to the jk is the one thing he hates the most....it is the pride we all have in our heaps. It doesn't matter what you use it for or what kind of shape its in it's ours. It reflects us in all the little mods to the repairs and little or big the things we have done to them and with them.

I am a Jeep owner and my YJ gives me frustration and agrivation but it I drive it with pride. He doesn't get it and probably never will. The jeep community is unique in all the automotive communities because it doesn't come with a dollar amount or a club or subscription. It doesn't come with an education requirement our a association fee.

It is a group that looks at the pride we share and respect in our jeeps. The friends we meet with each person we talk to in the jeep community. The hand we give each other to twist a wrench, find a part, or get through the next trail and the hand we give when we wave as we pass another jeep showing that we get it.

I am a Jeep owner and proud of it.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #12333
Siva283
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Falling Waters, WV
Posts: 3,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
There are so many different types of jeeps and types of people driving them for different reasons the one thing that is universal from the crusty framed cj to the squares to the jk is the one thing he hates the most....it is the pride we all have in our heaps. It doesn't matter what you use it for or what kind of shape its in it's ours. It reflects us in all the little mods to the repairs and little or big the things we have done to them and with them.

I am a Jeep owner and my YJ gives me frustration and agrivation but it I drive it with pride. He doesn't get it and probably never will. The jeep community is unique in all the automotive communities because it doesn't come with a dollar amount or a club or subscription. It doesn't come with an education requirement our a association fee.

It is a group that looks at the pride we share and respect in our jeeps. The friends we meet with each person we talk to in the jeep community. The hand we give each other to twist a wrench, find a part, or get through the next trail and the hand we give when we wave as we pass another jeep showing that we get it.

I am a Jeep addict and proud of it.
FIFY

Welcome back we missed you. Sorry I didn't say it sooner. I have been busy with the new job and haven't been on much

Sent from my SPH-L300 using JeepForum
__________________
1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #12334
102joe
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CastroValley, CA.
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
All to much here in Brentwood... Yet I am one of those yuppies when i need to be though
I was afraid somebody might take ,,, that way lol
we all need a little help sometime (I have no idea how a internal combustion works )
I was referring to "that Guy" who needs a Window sticker that reads =
This real Jeep was Built by Someone Else

P.C. Disclaimer : I feel there is nothing wrong with buying a built Jeep or Having the work done by a shop (lord knows if I could afford it I would !)
It' just to me" BUILT NOT BOUGHT " seams to imply something Else
__________________
REAL JEEPS HAVE LEAF SPRINGS

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
102joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #12335
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 14,812
Thanks Siva. It's good too be back.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #12336
zombiechief
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102joe View Post
It's ok Nobody really likes That Guy , hes kinda like the Guy down at the local 4x4 shop having them put a lift on his Jeep with the "Built not Bought" across the front window .

It is our job to educate them though
Not everyone with that on their Jeep is like that. I run it on the back of my Jeep, but I run it as a matter of personal pride because I DID build everything on it. The only bought parts were the lift that I put on myself. I am very proud of my Jeep and the fact that I did build it and didn't buy it all from a catalog. Mind you, I have no problem with anyone who has pointed a finger at a picture and said "I want that". We all have Jeeps and I am very happy to run the trails with anyone no matter the level of customization or store bought parts and I do wave at every Jeep I pass, no matter what part of the alphabet soup it was poured out of. I don't see myself as any of the "5 types of Jeep owners" at all. I AM a Jeep owner...period...

my 2c
__________________
Treat every situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it pee on it and walk away.
zombiechief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #12337
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler
 
Michaelgoesrawr's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 6,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ
Thanks Siva. It's good too be back.
Glad to see you're feeling better. I hope the recovery is going quickly!
__________________
Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
Michaelgoesrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #12338
102joe
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CastroValley, CA.
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiechief View Post
Not everyone with that on their Jeep is like that. I run it on the back of my Jeep, but I run it as a matter of personal pride because I DID build everything on it. The only bought parts were the lift that I put on myself. I am very proud of my Jeep and the fact that I did build it and didn't buy it all from a catalog. Mind you, I have no problem with anyone who has pointed a finger at a picture and said "I want that". We all have Jeeps and I am very happy to run the trails with anyone no matter the level of customization or store bought parts and I do wave at every Jeep I pass, no matter what part of the alphabet soup it was poured out of. I don't see myself as any of the "5 types of Jeep owners" at all. I AM a Jeep owner...period...

my 2c



I was afraid somebody might take ,,, that way
we all need a little help sometime (I have no idea how a internal combustion works )
I was referring to "that Guy" who needs a Window sticker that reads =
This real Jeep was Built by Someone Else

P.C. Disclaimer : I feel there is nothing wrong with buying a built Jeep or Having the work done by a shop (lord knows if I could afford it I would !)
It' just to me" BUILT NOT BOUGHT " seams to imply something Else
__________________
__________________
REAL JEEPS HAVE LEAF SPRINGS

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
102joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #12339
LabsNJeeps
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Walkerton, IN
Posts: 21
Ran the wire from fuse panel to my extra backup lights locations. Installed relay, and switch. Now just need to install the lights themselves. Maybe tomorrow.
LabsNJeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #12340
rambo3489
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 1,637
YKYDAYJ when you dedicate 2 pages on jeep forum talking about an article that bashes jeepers. Lol

And IKIDAYJ when I read every last word.. I liked the comment about jeepers being unlike any other automotive group because we typically have a more intimate knowledge about out jeeps. I know definitely do. I'm even pretty savvy on the JK too. Eventhough I'll never admit it...

Sent from my phone because I'm doing something "more important"
__________________
89 YJ.. My first jeep and I won't let it go. ▀||||▀

Current Project: None... I disgust myself.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
rambo3489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 06:52 AM   #12341
jay-h
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: , NJ
Posts: 4,348
People have reasons for farming out some of the work. I have no problem with that, if they understand what they want and it's not just a matter of show.

Just last night I was talking to a guy with an awesome Chrysler 300F who was complaining that back and neck problems have prevented him from doing stuff as simple as swapping tires (needs to mount bias ply tires for some shows). But he was still very much into the spirit of the vintage car world.

For you younger guys:

http://www.musclecarfan.com/wp-conte...ysler_300F.jpg

Only a few hundred letter series made each year, 413 (6.8L), two 4 barrel carbs mounted on long tube tuned intake manifolds.
__________________
My toys
'89 Wrangler YJ
'47 CJ2-A

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #12342
bfuller
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Plympton, MA
Posts: 4
When you turn on the heater when it's snowing and are immediately greeted with a blast of snow in the face.
bfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #12343
Gage56
Web Wheeler
 
Gage56's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northumberland, PA
Posts: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102joe View Post
It's hes kinda like the Guy down at the local 4x4 shop having them put a lift on his Jeep with the "Built not Bought" across the front window




I think i have earned the right to have my built not bought sticker

__________________
1992 YJ
2004 Bmw 330XI

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=


Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #12344
Sparrows
It's coming...
 
Sparrows's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage56 View Post


I think i have earned the right to have my built not bought sticker

Absolutely. And then some!

YKYDAYJW- You look at the puddles under her, note their location, then fish around in the back for oil, ATF, coolant, and gear oil. You spend 5 minutes topping it all off, jump in and drive off. She's a thirsty girl!

Cheers
__________________
WARBIRD 2
EXILED OFFROAD
June '13 YJOTM
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #12345
pete1991YJ
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 1,628
Wow Que. Imma print that out.... inspiring! Also welcome back!
__________________
***--- Wrecking Crew member ---***
"I've prolly been around longer than you think"
pete1991YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.