you know you drive a YJ when..... - Page 822 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > you know you drive a YJ when.....

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #12316
Ileea
1995 YJ Wrangler 

YKYDAYJW it's 50 something degrees in the morning and you would rather put on a jacket and consider it better than morning coffee for a wake up than put your soft top up and listen to it flap.

Ileea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #12317
Fire4me
1995 YJ Wrangler 

When you're jeep plays tricks like roll over and play dead. She is getting old Becuse she only rolls half way and she plays dead all the time
Unread 08-12-2013, 01:04 AM   #12318
fugiduck
1991 YJ Wrangler 

http://crujonessociety.com/2009/05/1...angler-people/

Whoever wrote this, is a ****** and is probably saying this because he's jealous of all the jeepers getting all the girls and he gets none because he's stupid. YKYDAYJW things like that make you mad and then make you realize your better than him.
fugiduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 01:26 AM   #12319
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

That made me lol. I easier what crawled up his ***.
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #12320
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

It's not our fault people flock to our jeeps......
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #12321
heyvern
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yep...it's a Jeep thing.... And this guy is clueless........obviously.
heyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #12322
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyvern
Yep...it's a Jeep thing.... And this guy is clueless........obviously.
Lol, tell me about it
Unread 08-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #12323
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugiduck View Post
http://crujonessociety.com/2009/05/1...angler-people/

Whoever wrote this, is a ****** and is probably saying this because he's jealous of all the jeepers getting all the girls and he gets none because he's stupid. YKYDAYJW things like that make you mad and then make you realize your better than him.
Can we put that in the "STICKYS"
I found myself in there a few times
Not to mention I have met "THAT GUY" several times
I LOVE MY JEEP and generally like Jeep Peoples

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
102joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #12324
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102joe View Post
Can we put that in the "STICKYS"
I found myself in there a few times
Not to mention I have met "THAT GUY" several times
I LOVE MY JEEP and generally like Jeep Peoples
I second the use of this post as a sticky. Not only will it serve to warn our fellow YJ owners NOT to be any of the extreme d-bags the author spoke of, but it will also serve to inspire our fellow younger Jeepers to stay in school, get a great education, and get a job outside of retail.

You see, the author works as a retail clerk at some vehicle accessory store. His life is awash in the meaningless drudgery of retail - working nights, weekends, and holidays as an under-paid dead-end "Skippy the stock boy". Let all who read this understand that his craptastic view of Jeep Wrangler owners definitely extends to all his customers. He is jaded and butt-hurt about having to provide service to customers and is lashing out about it. It's all there, if you read carefully.

The truly sad thing that the author doesn't understand is that if he were to truly listen to his customers, understand their motivations and needs, he'd probably triple his sales. Yes, that entails listening to long-winded stories from customers (I know, I worked in retail sales for years) but within those stories are the buying motivations and needs of each customer. Instead of building a relationship with his life-blood customers, he tunes them out and posts vile, repulsive comments about them.

This post not only tells us what is socially "unacceptable" to non Wrangler owners, but also highlights why customer service and brand/store loyalty are such rare and fleeting things.

I feel sorry for the author. He is doomed to remain a miserable wretch.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #12325
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Did anyone notice that "article" is 2 years old , Probably not because we were out having a good time with our Jeeps ,working on them, whelin them , hanging with other Jeep people .
My take was this , I checked out the website it was on . Mostly because it was named after a charter from a movie I liked as a kid . (other old school BMXers might remember it too) The web site from what I saw was for comedic articles , written by fellows that are wittier than you and I . Now if you dont find a little of your self in one of those "types of wrangler owners" you're probably fooling your self . Fact is the something in each type of behaviours described can point to any group to enthusiast . In place of Jeep put cyclist , in place of Rock put hill or road . Use Corvette and sorry about your 40 year old penis . Use Self Righteous Prius owner "saving the environment " with the huge Carbon "footPrint" left from making those batteries. See my point ?? I think its too bad the internet has become a Thing to use to make ourselves feel better by belittling others While remaining relatively anonymous . Such as has been done there in this instance and that happens on other Off Road "Buccaneering" web sites . It even happens here from time to time , with some Flaming replies . Although I will give a nod to the Mods and other members that Do not tolerate it THANKS. So as I climb down off my Soap Box . Not take away From some of the earlier replies . That point out its never cool to be a ******bag , and by doing so hurts our group image in the eyes of other who "wouldn't understand" . Yes I know that writing this diatribe kind makes me one of "them" , but by Reacting strongly and getting angry, as in the comments left on the O.P.'s web site they kind of Win .
Sorry I got a bit long winded and maybe a bit off topic .I just want to say in Closing YOU KNOW YOU DRIVE A Y.J. WHEN YOU CAN HONESTLY SAY THE JEEP COMMUNITY IS THE GREATEST COLLECTION OF ALL TYPES OF FOLKS , AND I AM PROUD TO BE PART OF IT . You all are the most "shirt off there back" people I have ever met online and in person . That said Y.J. Owners really are the best though .

EDIT : (a couple times)

Unread 08-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #12326
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102joe
THE JEEP COMMUNITY IS THE GREATEST COLLECTION OF ALL TYPES OF FOLKS .
X2

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #12327
19Mike95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You know that article is a bunch of bs. There is one jeep owner I do dislike though... And before you guys get mad and ragging on me. It's the ones that drive around the stock jeep that mom or dad bought thinking it'll conquer mt Everest. Granted stock is alright. I own a stocker and ya it can do a lot but without lockers, gears, and grippy tires there ain't a whole lot you can really "conquer"... But as a side note I love jeeps as much as I love old cars nothin will change that no matter what some d bag that's never ridden or driven or owned says
19Mike95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #12328
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Mike95 View Post
You know that article is a bunch of bs. There is one jeep owner I do dislike though... And before you guys get mad and ragging on me. It's the ones that drive around the stock jeep that mom or dad bought thinking it'll conquer mt Everest. Granted stock is alright. I own a stocker and ya it can do a lot but without lockers, gears, and grippy tires there ain't a whole lot you can really "conquer"... But as a side note I love jeeps as much as I love old cars nothin will change that no matter what some d bag that's never ridden or driven or owned says
It's ok Nobody really likes That Guy , hes kinda like the Guy down at the local 4x4 shop having them put a lift on his Jeep with the "Built not Bought" across the front window .

It is our job to educate them though

Unread 08-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #12329
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102joe

It's ok Nobody really likes That Guy , hes kinda like the Guy down at the local 4x4 shop having them put a lift on his Jeep with the "Built not Bought" across the front window .

It is our job to educate them though
All to much here in Brentwood... Yet I am one of those yuppies when i need to be though
Unread 08-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #12330
Erikasjgc

I believe when someone is hateful towards a group of people what they are really doing is something akin to talking to a mirror. They are subconsciously telling their audience about how they view themselves. If you read it this way what the writer is really doing is describing how he himself behaves - or would behave if he had a Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Erikasjgc is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.