you know you drive a YJ when.....

2M views 14K replies 3K participants last post by  cap6302 
#1 ·
a blanket is manditory winter driving equipment

#3 ·
Every bump is a steering opportunity.

#3,802 ·
This is quite appropriate.
When I moved from Mass down to NC, the company paid to ship my YJ. After is got down here, the truck driver wanted me to make sure it was okay. I laughed. I told him the guy at the shipping yard could have gone wheeling with and dinged it up and I wouldn't be able to tell. I got another laugh when I saw the initial inspection for. I swaer the guy must have run out of ink filling it out.
Luckily, down here, flare are not required. So when there is not enough metal left to hold the flares, it will bob time.:laugh:

#8 ·
You realize you could have invested in buying a small third world country with the money you dumped in your rig... :rofl:

#11 ·
you keep a jar of hand cleaner in your shower... right next to the scouring pad

Reactions: pkokkinis
#13 ·
Big-n-Broke-YJ said:
you keep a jar of hand cleaner in your shower... right next to the scouring pad
I get no end of hassle from my GF for having S.O.S. pads in the shower. But the steel wool makes my hands so soft. :rofl:

#22 ·
You know you drive a YJ when....

It takes 10 minutes to put the soft top back on...

TJ's have it easy...

#2,711 ·
241K and she's my new to me DD!!!

#26 ·
NJscott said:
a blanket is manditory winter driving equipment
This I dont get...if there is one thing my YJ does is throw heat....I have my back window TAPED in its made of plexi glass, and no drain plugs in aside from a floor mat blocking them, and it has been consistantly -10....to....-35 sincethe beginning of november and if I plug it in it fires everyday no questions asked of it....and keepsme toasty....at -35 to - 40 it gets a little chilly, but MAN that is cold.......just got back from holidays and it fired right up after sitting in the cold for 9 days.....just one flat tire....

I have to agree with the carring of a tool box comes in handy in a YJ, I also carry a spare fuel pump, filter, some VAC hoses, and plugs....used to keep a spare 4x4 actuator on hand but posi lok fised that...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.