Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

you know you drive a YJ when.....

2M views 14K replies 3K participants last post by  cap6302 
#1 ·
a blanket is manditory winter driving equipment

#152 ·
....... when you go to the auto parts store you have to tell them the make and model of at least 3 different vehicles just to get the correct parts for your Jeep.:D

#153 ·
You know you drive a YJ when.....

The fuel gauge says 1/2 full and while out on a drive you start bucking and backfiring. You barely make it home and scratch your head and say WTF?

You start trouble shooting and notice 1 & 2 cylinders have almost no drop but 3 & 4 drop ok....still scratching head.....fuel injectors? Major catastrophic event? HMMMMM. After a while of going back and forth with cranky, cranky and no start....more of WTF? Lets see if I`m getting any fuel....push the little schrader down in the fuel rail and phhhhhht nothing but air! Could it be???? Yep sure was....out of gas! :brickwall

Happened just today....:laugh:

#3,845 ·
You know you drive a YJ when.....

The fuel gauge says 1/2 full and while out on a drive you start bucking and backfiring. You barely make it home and scratch your head and say WTF?

You start trouble shooting and notice 1 & 2 cylinders have almost no drop but 3 & 4 drop ok....still scratching head.....fuel injectors? Major catastrophic event? HMMMMM. After a while of going back and forth with cranky, cranky and no start....more of WTF? Lets see if I`m getting any fuel....push the little schrader down in the fuel rail and phhhhhht nothing but air! Could it be???? Yep sure was....out of gas! :brickwall

Happened just today....:laugh:
that happened to me after i got it coming home from trail riding and it was a lil under half and 300 feet from the gas station....so we put the gallon of gas we had for our jeep club lawnmower for our trail cleanup and it started!!!!

#1,183 ·
Well... I have been loving the thread... and laughing my *** off!!! :laugh:

But... Not all of us TJ'ers are non-waving, non-suffering bastards... If it is any consolation my wife still complains about the rough ride and I just point to the YJ and say you could be riding in that "covered wagon"!

Just so you know I will still wave to ya~!

:wave:

#155 ·
when you drive in the rain just to get it clean, and hit puddles to get the big clumps off

when the gf complains that it is too hard to get in, and you know how to jump in it

you dont bother going slow down trails because scratches dont matter because you just picked up a can a spray paint

you use a plasma torch to cut bolts when you are installing a lift because a 2.5ton impact cant break them loose

you almost roll because you have a 4 banger and dont have the torque to crawl up rocks

#157 ·
... you look forward to breaking something so you can fix it with something bigger and better.

#161 ·
-everyone you live around hates you

-your top is destoryed

-a number of things can randomly fall off driving down the road

-cup holders a 1/2" deep...you cant get the value meal because of the drink

-Previous Owner most likely nerver graduated high school

-always break down in the "bad part of town" or in the middle of the night

-Bruce Springsteen and your YJ somehow compliment each other (Born in the USA)

thats all i got. I love my YJ. Jeep on guys!

#162 ·
Your busy pounding out the dent in the fender and repainting it with a spray can. But you put a towel on the winshield frame so not to scratch the paint on the hood while it is open.

#168 ·
I was just to say thank you to everyone who has posted here, I dont think i have laughed this hard in a long time!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

And to add my own....

You know you drive a YJ when your hi lift jack handle also servers as a breaker bar.......Tie rod sleeve......hood prop.......The possibilities go on and on!:D

You open your tool box and all you have in there is a sledge, a rubber mallet, a 3/4 inch wrench, Duct tape, and WD-40.

Your on the trail and you hear a loud scratching sound from a branch going across your heep and you just SMILE...

Calming music to you is the sound of your mud tires as you do 60 down the road:2thumbsup:

#3,941 ·
I was just to say thank you to everyone who has posted here, I dont think i have laughed this hard in a long time!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

And to add my own....

You know you drive a YJ when your hi lift jack handle also servers as a breaker bar.......Tie rod sleeve......hood prop.......The possibilities go on and on!:D

You open your tool box and all you have in there is a sledge, a rubber mallet, a 3/4 inch wrench, Duct tape, and WD-40.

Your on the trail and you hear a loud scratching sound from a branch going across your heep and you just SMILE...

Calming music to you is the sound of your mud tires as you do 60 down the road:2thumbsup:
Haha now I KNOW that I want a Hi-Lift!

Also I have been hauling a lot of tools Just In Case, but I like your list! I think I will put together a tool box with exactly those things!

Maybe also a 3/8" breaker bar for the diff plugs, and some gear oil...

#169 ·
skywalker2117 said:
haha, i like that

#4,297 ·
SO TRUE, even i have troubles with it sometimes

#171 ·
when everyone looks at you stupid, because you're driving a heep on 37's with a bikini top on and no doors, with a big grin...............................in the freezing rain:rolleyes:

when you have to buy a range rover, just to stay comfortable in 100 degree plus heat, and 0 degree cold weather, because your "street legal" jeep is too much of a PIA!!!!!!:confused:

when 4wd.com send you christmas cards every year.

when the axle builder knows your first name as soon as he answers the fone.

when driving on the trail, and hear big scratching/banging noises off the armor, makes you grin wider!

when on the same trail, you hear the dana 30 u joint pop like a .22, and immediately know all the tools you need......(lug wrench, 12 point wrench, so on...)
and when the brake caliper bolts, unit bearing bolts and lug nuts all come off easier than on a brand new mercedes!

martin

#174 ·
You know you're driving a YJ when...

...your adolescent kids specifically request that you drive the YJ to take them to their...
a) friends house.
b) ball games.
c) church, and
d) grocery store.

...when you get depressed when it's time to put the hard top on for the winter.

...when you buy your wife a baseball hat to wear on Jeep rides and she doesn't complain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.