you know you drive a YJ when..... - Page 607 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > you know you drive a YJ when.....

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #9091
bracs4
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: lemont, il
Posts: 221
my clock works but i needed a fuss for something and since then its been stuck on 5 o'clock and my buddy has a later yj and his is kinds of different than mine

bracs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #9092
animal0307
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arthur, IL
Posts: 467
You carry an extra gallon of water around, and it's not for the engine or you. But instead it's because you know your front brakes will seize again and this time you want to be ready.
animal0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #9093
animal0307
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arthur, IL
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyYJ View Post
Yeah, they changed it in '91. Before that, they all had clocks. After that they didn't. Fun fact of the day! '91 was when most of the changes in the yj happened. In the later YJs, it got replaced with a 4WD indicator light on the far left of the gauge cluster
I got a 91 and it's got a clock and the lights behind the wheel. I just assumed it was stock. Huh, Go figure it's a jeep thing...
animal0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #9094
mrmark
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Orange Park, FL
Posts: 1,952
When you spend 2 weeks researching the best way to fix your jeep and the best parts available to do the job right. Only to be told by a Hundai mechanic that you are wrong.... I guess in Korea jeeps are built differently.
__________________
Wave as you pass me :D

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #9095
MegaCabMan
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
When you spend 2 weeks researching the best way to fix your jeep and the best parts available to do the job right. Only to be told by a Hundai mechanic that you are wrong.... I guess in Korea jeeps are built differently.
now there's a voice of authority.
__________________
They call me the King of Fun! Everwhere I go I hear "Here comes that Fun King MegaCabMan"
MegaCabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #9096
Reddy89
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: , NJ
Posts: 343
when your checklist to improve fuel mileage starts off by taking the doors and top off...
Reddy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #9097
jay-h
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: , NJ
Posts: 4,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracs4 View Post
my clock works but i needed a fuss for something and since then its been stuck on 5 o'clock and my buddy has a later yj and his is kinds of different than mine
Or you can just put in one that you like.
pb061327b.jpg  
jay-h is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #9098
rdrainville
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Gloucester, Va
Posts: 91
You wheel it without a slip yoke eliminator and on the way home u see your driveshaft bouncing down the road in your rear view
rdrainville is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #9099
SunDevilJeeper
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 3,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogleparsons View Post
Mines broke, so I have it permanently on 5'Oclock
Traffic must be a real ***** wherever you go then, huh?
__________________
1992 YJ - 5.2L V8
2003 WJ Limited - 4.7L H.O. V8

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #9100
SunDevilJeeper
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phelan, CA
Posts: 3,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay-h View Post
Or you can just put in one that you like.
Educate me, good sir...

Where does one acquire such awesomeness in the form of an altitude meter... and does it work? If not, how does said person get it to work?
__________________
1992 YJ - 5.2L V8
2003 WJ Limited - 4.7L H.O. V8

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #9101
jay-h
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: , NJ
Posts: 4,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
Educate me, good sir...

Where does one acquire such awesomeness in the form of an altitude meter... and does it work? If not, how does said person get it to work?
it's a novelty clock sold to aircraft nuts (they're kind of like Jeep nuts with bigger wallets). But it looked cool. I would like to get a 50s vintage Heuer rally timer, but they are a bit too pricey.

Real altimeters are available (http://www.chiefaircraft.com/aircraf...ltimeters.html) but it's a lot cheaper to get a Casio multifunction watch.
jay-h is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #9102
reeves_yj_88
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 108
You know you drive a yj when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay-h



Real altimeters are available (http://www.chiefaircraft.com/aircraf...ltimeters.html) but it's a lot cheaper to get a Casio multifunction watch.
__________________
I thought it was common knowledge, you don't buy a YJ because you're broke... You go broke because you bought a YJ!
reeves_yj_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #9103
crunk7
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: lenoir, nc
Posts: 23
You know you drive a YJ when your wife starts referring to your Jeep as her sister-wife (because you spend so much time with it).
crunk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #9104
RattyYJ
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Phillipsburg, NJ
Posts: 139
this is gonna be a long one, but im just outlining my thoughts as they happened today..

you know you drive a yj when you go to your grandmas house where you keep your rx7 because you cant afford to insure a jeep and another car. it was your first 'dream car', and you ACTUALLY found one and bought it! and you were soo happy, and you still love it to death. and while you sit in it, letting it warm up, you remember how much you miss seeing 90 mph, let alone freakin, 62 mph in the yj? haha. but as you sit in your damn drift machine, hearing that rotary engine idling away as strong as it ever did, you think about that time when you rode in your friends jeep for the first time, and loved it! you think about that time when your brain said (verbatim) "damnit ive always wanted one, F*CK it, im finding one!" then you start thinking about that first time you took your yj out and were so suprised at how well it performed crawling down the trail you used to walk to the party spot by the river. your nonjeeper friends mention the 45 degree hills, little piles of rocks, and the 'fact' that its not safe. the 'fact' that youre gonna roll over. then you laugh and remember their shocked, jealous faces when you were driving IN the river, with a stock jeep (and another stocker was with you having a blast as well) you sigh, you smile ..and then you get out of one moneypit, into another, and drive your topless, doorless jeep home. and you smile the WHOLE time
RattyYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #9105
CaptDale
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattyYJ View Post
this is gonna be a long one, but im just outlining my thoughts as they happened today..

you know you drive a yj when you go to your grandmas house where you keep your rx7 ...with a stock jeep (and another stocker was with you having a blast as well) you sigh, you smile ..and then you get out of one moneypit, into another, and drive your topless, doorless jeep home. and you smile the WHOLE time
I know the feeling. I too have the same issue, but when you take your non-wheelin' friends out on a trail, topless and doorless and everything gets muddy, but the whites of both your smiles, you know why you own a YJ!
CaptDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.