Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

you know you drive a YJ when.....

2M views 14K replies 3K participants last post by  cap6302 
#1 ·
a blanket is manditory winter driving equipment

#1,777 ·
when your cousin comes visiting and asks you, man why is it all the time I come into your house, the garage has more pieces of your jeep it?:cheers2::cheers2:

#1,779 ·
My e-brake is orange and looks like this for some reason. Yes, before you ask, it is the factory-equipped EMERGENCY emergency brake. The regular e-brake is for when the standard brakes fail, the e-e-brake is for when the e-brake fails. . . lmao

#1,781 ·
Happend to me. Stopped at a gas station, parked out side the doors. Left the engine on because I knew I would be in and out. It was a flat perfectly smooth spot. I kicked the ebrake down as far as it could and I went in. Im paying and the lady behind the counter is like "you jeep is rollign away!!!" haha

I ran out and stopped it, lesson learned.

#1,782 ·
That's what those concret bumper things are for in the parking spaces. Just hook a wheel over that for an e-brake.

.......when you kids need something and they know exactly where you are. In the garage twisting wrenches on the YJ.

#1,784 ·
you know you drive a yj when, anything is a wheel chalk. i.e. large rock, large clod of dirt, anything in your jeep (including rear seats, passengers baby carriers) the list goes on.

you know you drive a yj when, you start collecting survivalist gear beacuse you just dont know when you might need it (3day supply of food water fire trapmaking&game preparing tools multiple first aid kits blankets multiple jackets in multiple sizes, this list also goes on)

you know you drive a yj when you suddenly start pulling over to check out thinks on the side of the road (cuz you thought you saw somthing cool)

#1,785 ·
while standing in garage with door open and i hear a pop i turn aroung and see YJ rolling down drive way i dash out of garage and catch it before it hits neighbors car parked on other side of street by a couple of inches. it's a good thing i stopped it or those 100lb bumpers i built would have tookout that import. :laugh:

#1,789 ·
For this one I actually teach High School Woodshop and CNC CAD/CAM.

The principle gets on the loud speaker and asks for the student with the "Muddy Jeep making a mess in the parking lot please come to the office" whoop's that was me.

To add on to the stellar wind dynamics

When you don't need blind spot mirrors, because you can actually feel the car in the other lane slowing you down like a brake.

When you take the kid to day care with top off and covered in mud, and the workers and mom's give you dirty looks.

#1,790 ·
You know you drive a YJ when you come upon a Hummer H3 stuck in the mud on the trail and your stock YJ gets it out in a couple pulls.... And everyone watching is amazed at what "that little jeep" can do.

#1,794 ·
You forgot to add that you drive right through that same mud pit that he was stuck in with no problem adding insult to injury :rofl::hahaha:

#1,797 ·
We used half the gas that our friend did when we went to Camp Jeep last year!

#1,805 ·
you know u drive a yj when semi trucks pass u when ur going up a steep hill

time to re-gear lol

#1,810 ·
you know you drive a hb when

When all your jackets have cig burns on the inside of the left arm beacuse of failed cig flicks

When you always forget to turn off the lights

When you figure there is no point in getting a better stereo

#1,813 ·
when somgging it is too mutch of a hassle for the next year so you move to another state so you can do an engine swap like you always planned.

#1,814 ·
You know you drive a YJ when you hydrolock going through a puddle a stock XJ and a pathfinder made it through. Luckily, your straight six is strong as hell, and after sucking out the water from the throttle body/intake manifold, removing the plugs and turning the engine, you fire out all the water out of the cylinders, put it back together, and it fires up and runs just as well as it did before the incident. Not to mention and you are able to finish wheeling and get back home and to work the next day (where you promptly do the first of what will be several oil changes over the next week or so).

On a side note, what the hell where they thinking chosing to place the air intake at the bottom of the grill. Almost as dumb as me not building my snorkel yet knowing it is so low.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.